Thread: Nearly 18 months, but anxiety is coming back

Nearly 18 months, but anxiety is coming back

Been a good while since I last posed on here, but I feel the need to again. I've had 3 weeks of pro-longed illness, which seems to have served as a trigger. First, a flu-virus which lasted for 2 weeks and then a stomach bug which is still hanging around a bit and as a result, am still off my food! Couple to that, I'm probation with work now until Sept because of my sickness record. I think it's to do when I was off for thee months at the back end of 2009 (with anxiety) and then I had another tummy bug not long after which resulted in another absence. So - am fretting a bit!

I work as a support worker for people with learning disabilities, which includes 2 sleepover shifts per week. I'm now worrying about these shifts as night-time can be the worst time for my anxiety so I don't know whether to speak to work to see if I can be removed from that team for the time being (to get myself sorted), but keep the two day shifts that I have on a Weds and Thurs.

I never used to be one for picking up bugs, but then my little girl arrived (and I'm her main carer as the wife works full-time) and seems that I'm getting everything she is fetching home from play-group. Anxiety is an on-going thing for me - it goes for a while, then comes back. It's something I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life. I know what do do - have a good support network and relaxation aids and the CBT that I had last year was very helpful. It's just a pain in the arse when it starts to get in the way of everyday life.

I have been on 40mg Citalopram for the last 18months, but I have been taking it intermittently for the last 3 weeks, what with being ill/stomach upsets, etc. Apologies for the need to vent. :(
    Last edited by Logan_Five; 04-05-11 at 09:43.

Thread Information