Im not very happy1 Got a letter yesterday saying my opticians has closed down suddenly and that my medical records are now with a new opticians! i dont mind as such but i went to my opticians just before xmas and io explained to her about my fear of going blind and she completely put my mind at rest, told me i had zero chance of going blind and that my eyes had actually improved! so my fear completely disappeared, until yesterday when i got this letter, now my fear is back and my anxiety is telling me if they have closed down it must mean she wasnt very good at being an optician and that she was wrong and i will go blind!!

I know its stupid and i know even though the company has closed down that optician will now be working at a different opticians and they didnt close down because of her, and she had been an opticians for ten years so im sure she is a good one, yet my anxiety is telling me differently. i am not due another appointment for 2 years and my new opticians said they would send me a reminder when it was time and not to worry about it and that whatever prescription my optician gave me will have been the corect one and that the opticians only closed because they lost an optomun or something like that so the bosses decided to just close down.

but my anxiety about it is back with a vengance and its annoyed me because she got rid of that fear in an instant and now i feel like im back to square one1 i guess i just need some reassurance, someone to say my eyes are still fine and what she saod was true and just because theyve closed down it doesnt mean she got my eye test wrong! im sure there would be a mass of complaints if that was the case anyway but i just need someone to slap me!