Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please talk to me

please talk to me

Hello everyone,

I feel so alone and really want people to talk to. Im 27 and scared im dying. Please dont laugh at me as its really starting to take its toll on my life. Every small symtpom i feel i keep thinking its life threatening. I was in a show about 2 months ago and when it came to being on stage i felt faint sick and just scared and when the show finished i had this sensation for about two weeks where i couldnt catch my breathe properly, then when that went i started to think one of my moles were cancerous and now i have an ear infection (WHICH i get quite a bit) and now i think ive got a tumour and dying. Is it possible to feel lethargic, lightheaded and down with anxiety. Pls talk to me.

x

Re: please talk to me

Hello,

You are not alone. I know a lot of people who feel the same way you day. Yes it is possible to feel faint with anxiety. When you worry the way you feel is altered. You are only 27 you are not dying. I am 27 myself and I keep on thinking I have the worst diseases only when I feel happy I feel healthy and full of energy. As soon as I worry I feel sick and faint... It is hard to overcome those feelings but I am sure we can. I find only writing them down sometimes help. Do you have anyone you can go and see for a quick chat or maybe go out in the fresh air. You need to distract yourself from these feelings.

alot of people dont understand because they dont suffer. I always fear that im gonna end up in hospital at the end of the day for whatever reason. I dont want it to ruin my life and at the same time i dont want to die. I feel silly for posting xx

anxiety. will play games with your mind your think your have every illness under the sun you wont its just your mind playing games as for winding up in hospital it wont happen when you get this in your mind pop in chat theres loads of help there
    god bless

thanks. I cant go to chat as only just joined this site and it wont let me

Please don't feel silly, we're all here because we worry about out health just like you. We might feel embarrassed about it from time to time but we're all here to help each other, so please don't feel silly for posting

I think it's perfectly natural to fear death. I think most people fear it deep down but manage to push the fear away to the back of their mind. However when the fear starts to interfere with your daily life, that's when it becomes a problem. But you have already made the first step by acknowledging your fear. From here we can make our way onto the journey of recovery. Whenever you have these thoughts strike you, from now on I want you to ACKNOWLEDGE them (this is very important), and then remember "I have health anxiety, and this is just a symptom of that anxiety. I am in a safe place and these thoughts cannot harm me. I am going to concentrate on something more important now."

The reason I say that it is important to acknowledge the anxiety is because it puts you in control of the situation. Don't try to ignore it or block it out, just let it come. This sounds scary but actually it gives the panic less power because you are welcoming it. In order to beat your anxiety you have to first welcome it with open arms. Anxiety is just the result of the body reacting to fear. If you don't fear it, the anxiety cannot affect you. Yes, the symptoms are horrible I know, but they are just symptoms, and they cannot hurt you. I promise.

Do i sound like im seroiusly ill though or suffering anxiety? I dont know wether you can experience proper symptoms with it?

I'm not a medical professional I'm afraid, so I can't diagnose you over the internet, HOWEVER every one of those symptoms you have described (feeling lightheaded and faint, trembling etc) are common symptoms caused by anxiety

Have you read the article on this website about the symptoms anxiety can cause?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

I think it will give you a good understanding of the kind of things you might experience living with an anxiety condition. All very nasty, but NONE of them can cause you physical injury or kill you. They are all just products of an over-reactive nervous system.

I just sent you a personal message btw If you ever need somebody to talk to when you're feeling down or lonely, I'm always here to talk xxx

your get in chat soon are you from tottenham

Honestly you are not alone! I have a huge fear of dying, please dont feel alone, you always have someone to talk to on here, we will all help to reassure eachother xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information