Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supermarket Panic.

Hey Jules,

Some of anything is absolutely fine, it's the having all simple sugars as everyday main meals that won't be good for your system or anxiety - but it's all completely a personal choice so each to their own..

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi, Christine. I love what you said about everything looking wrong, and looking too hard through your eyes. I know exactly what you mean, but I can't seem to explain it to anyone else. The lights and the ceilings in supermarkets make me feel very weird. Do "normal" people really feel this way too? I don't think so. They seem to just go in and get what they want and come out again without a thought. I'm pretty sure that's the way I was before. A couple of days ago I was in an open-air shopping mall and I was thinking how pleasant it was, and how this was a mall that wouldn't bother me. Guess what? I had a panic attack. I took a Xanax and quietly freaked out until it took effect. The whole time I was at this mall I kept wondering why I'm always thinking about how I'm feeling, instead of just shopping and enjoying myself like other people seem to be doing.

Well Done Jolly ! You got yourself some flowers and spoke to someone in the high street, that is fantastic.

Oh "warner bros law of gravity" - I know that one well.
    Funny isn't it how Wile E Coyote keeps on walking, then notices that there is nothing underneath him, and that is when he falls.

And we are just the same. You're thinking, hey this is kind of cool ... Not a panic insight, then it hits you, you are not panicing and you panic.

That happens to me a lot, too.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Morning to you all, I'm very much like you all I dont like supermarkets, If i have to go in, i think i do the quickest supermarket dash possible but the problem then i always forget half the things i went in for. All the time going around, i have that feeling that i'm not there and then panic big time when you get to the cash till, and everyone in front has trollys full to the brim and the few item till have extra long queues. (as you see i dont like queueing, PA big time, I like to go in and out as fast as i can). It got so bad at christmas time, and having no food in the house, that i took the easy way out and ordered on line with Iceland home shopping. I know i have to over come my fear of supermarkets but i am doing this slowly like you said buying a few things at the time, but i know if i cant do it one time we still have things in the house to eat.

Sinead

Hi Everyone,
    I've made a bit of a boob! This morning I was in the chemist part of the supermarket getting my happy pills, when I bumped in to someone I know. She started telling me all about her Thyroid problems, but unfortunately, because I couldn't hop around from foot to foot mentally telling myself I would be next in the queue, I could feel the panic rising. On and on she went and I really felt rooted to the spot. I needed to get out and I think I vaguely heard her say "Do you think I look a lot fatter?" Well, my name got called and I grabbed my tablets and said "Yes" when I really meant "No" and my friends chin dropped to the floor! I started to apologise, but by this time I was ready to pass out (not really, of course). She said that I had really upset her, which I wouldn't have done for the world and I'm now debating wether to phone her and apologise again.
    The problem is nobody thinks good old happy-go-lucky Christine could ever suffer from an anxiety disorder (even my doctor said that!) and so I try to pretend I'm ok all the time.
    What do you think all? Shall I phone or will I make it worse?
    Christine

Oh poor you, Christine, I know exactly how you felt!

If I were in your shoes, I would phone her and just apologise and tell her you were feeling unwell and had to get out quickly!

Keep it brief, but I think a small explanation would be beneficial.

Good luck!

Kate x

yeah I would call her too Christine.

Don't you hate it when everyone thinks you have just got it so together, when it couldn't be furthest from the truth

Hugs
    Jules

Too right, Jules!

The amount of people who I have told about the panic and they have said "Really? You are the last person I would have thought would have had panic".

I mean, what you supposed to do, just freak out in front of people? As if!!

Kate x

hi
    i would give her a ring and explain everything
    if you dont your going to sit worrying about it and thats only going to make things worse. im sure once she knows she will be fine
    i do find it hard explaining to someone exactly what im going through when i have an attack, i can see them looking at me in sheer disbelif that no-one could ever have those sort of feelings and thoughts.
    Give your friend a ring and invite her for a coffee

the norfolk nutter[)]

mind you if she had put on weight you were only telling the truth (only joking)

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

[V]I can relate to a lot of the comments and feelings about shopping in supermarkets. I prefer to shop for just a few things at a time. It's standing at the checkout I find worst, if I can't get out quickly my mind starts working overtime. I my case I panic inside and the negative thoughts start, I start getting red all over and just want to escape. I've been fighting this for many years, it seems like one step forward and two back.

I sometimes feel that I have a mixture of agrophobia, claustrophobia and social phobia! Sorry to sound so depressing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information