Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety for days after binge drinking alcohol.

Re: Anxiety for days after binge drinking alcohol.

I don't really drink anymore as it used to make me feel terrible after.

I just stick to a few drinks with a meal otherwise I know i'll end up feeling worse!

Worst thing u can do is drink when feeling low. It can just end up being a big vicious circle, drink to feel better and you could end up with a prob!!

Just one question I would like some advice on : its been four days now, and it hasn't really subsided - how long would you leave it before you basically think -OK this isnt just the drink now i need to get back on the tablets?

i just wanted to add that i feel the same after alcohol, sometimes it lasts for days, just have to tell yourself yes it is anxciety caused by the demon drink and it WILL pass, hope you feeling better soon xx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thanks alot! thats made me feel a lot better knowing someone else has had it for days and its passed! PHEW.

Dont think tablets are always the answer, if you think its a long term problem consider alternative therapies. I'm currently going through Cognitive behavoural therapy and listen to relaxation c.d's, trying to do a bit more exercise and basically do things that keep your mind of it!
    Unfortunatley these things take time i've come to that conclusion.
    Anyway your young and have many years ahead of you, so i hope you beat it and live life to the full!!

Another vote here that heavy drinking (especially for days at a time) can lead to days of anxiety - I'm sure it'll pass without the need for meds

As a separate issue, if you decide to take ADs again in the future, there's no reason to think the same ones won't work again, necessarily. You'd just have to try them and see! And if they didn't work you'd just try another one...

Thanks , its good to know that it may just pass. Been like 5 days and still here and the only thing im worrying about is it not going away! Fingers crossed anyway guys and thanks for the support.

just to add - its literally just anxious stomach churning. Its pretty constant. Really want it to go away :( :(

Hmm...your case sounds similar to mine, although mine's not really alcohol related.

I worry about various specific things but I realise that it's just symptoms of this rather than 'true'.

You say you got drugs straight away?
    So I tell my GP, he says 'you're 16, what do you have to worry about?' and prescribed me a book. After two years of it.

In fairness though, in the middle I've had an 8 month stretch of pretty much freedom from it, so things can get better!

My main tip for recovery is, when you feel 'good' or 'normal', run with it. Don't doubt it.

I Igor, I was like that for nearly 25 years until I became a fully fledged alcoholic. Alcoholism = Alcohol + the ism ( I. self. medicated.) Clean now for nearly two years. Still get the the PA's, some days worse than others. Long spells without an attack then I worry and worry about something till I bring an attack on. Takes me about two to three weeks to desensitize the body again. An attack these days last about 20-30 minutes and then that is it for the day, whereas whilst I was drinking, attack after attack. You get more strength if you manage to get through an attack on your own and build up a portfolio of coping strategies. Although unpleasant the sting or the bite lessons each time. I wish I knew/practised this 25 years ago. Clare Weeks strategy was...... Face.....Float....Accept and allow more time to pass.............Took me a while to get it but I think I am getting it now. Hope your journey is not as long as mine. Good luck on your journey. You have a wealth of strength within you, may you find it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information