Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anxiety for days after binge drinking alcohol.

Re: Anxiety for days after binge drinking alcohol.

Hmmm... I wouldn't say it was the start of alcoholism. I don't drink to take the feelings away. The first time I had this, it was brought on by alcohol, I struggled for about a month and then got tablets for it, within a few months I was fine again. This second time its been brought on by alcohol and I now have constant stomach churning and anxiety in my stomach, nothing else really. I'm not having panic attacks really, just constant anxiety. I am not gonna drink to make it go away, I never have done that.

I just want it to go away on its own, I'll never drink heavily again as that seems to be the trigger. I just really hope this constant anxious stomach churning can leave because it can be unbearable :( :(

igorbiscan, have your anxiety gone away yet? I'm having smiliar problems. I've never had anxiety after drinking before and it was kind of freaking me out. I was drinking for 6 days straight. They were all sugary drinks like pina coladas and coke and rum. I never drank to the point where I got drunk only slightly buzzed. But I drank while I was in Cancun on vacation for a week. I didn't drink that much water while I was there, instead I had green tea every morning and then a few pina coladas and coke and rum throughout the day. I don't think laying out in the hot sun helped the cause either but its been 6 days since I've been back home and I still feel anxiety. Did yours go away on its own or do you still have anxiety? Any info would be greatly appreciated. (This is the first time I ever felt this way after drinking) Thanks!

Can you help me please? How do you feel now? I had the same experience in Cancun of a 5 day binge, and now I have been experiencing anxiety and depression for 4 weeks. Please let me know in how much time you feel fine

Yep I've recently had this, everyone gets the hangover downers but if your sussepable to panic attacks it's worse. I had an awful attack at the weekend. Felt hanging all day saturday at work, my hubby picked me up ready to go straight out and I started to get the shakes. Thought I could sort myself out but by the tile I got there I was sick diorea freaking out. ANd I was 3 hours away from home at mu hubbies bosses house. I held on for an hour then sat in their bathroom ALL NIGHT sipping water crying and being sick, shame!! I still feel ruff and ready now. Good reason to cut down the alcohol I think your right. I'd rather be in terrible physical pain than has this again! Hope you feel better soon xxxx

No surprise here, alcohol fuels anxiety, it magnifies it, if you drink you should not be surprised if it makes you feel worse afterwards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information