Thread: ultrasound results

ultrasound results

hi im really scared. I had a vaginal ultrasound back in October and it showed i had fluid in the endometrium cavity so my gp told me to have a re scan a few months later. Which i had last week the fluid has gone and they think its because my period was due last time. But now i have an ovarian cyst and a fibroid. Im so scared does this mean im going to have an hysterectomy im only 38. The thing is on my notes it said the fibroid is just encroaching the endometrium. Please help im so scared. I really dont want an operation as i have terrible health anxiety, mainly my heart as i get palps,ectopics panic attacks and im sure i will die on the operating table.

Re: ultrasound results

I don't think you will need a Hysterectomy Fibroids are very common and they just lazer them off. The cyst might need keyhole or it might just disappear. They will do a full check of your heart before but even people with heart problems don't die during operations hun. I have palps and panic attacks and the both go hand in hand so to speak. Try rubbing some lavender oil on your feet and hen palps come blow on your thumb it works.

I have had both an ovarian cyst and I currently have fibroids.

The cyst went away on its own and I still have the fibroids. They do NOT operate on these - they leave them unless they become really troublesome but they will go away once you reach the menopause.

What did the doc say about it all?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola, that's made me feel a bit more calm. I haven't been to doc yet as I'm scared

I have a fibroid that is quite small, it showed up incidentally on a scan on my liver. I was told it will disappear after the menopause ( in no rush for that!). They will not operate unless it seriously affects your life i.e. flooding blood & awful pain every month and being anaemic.

Cysts normally go on their own, I get them in my eyes and they go eventually.

I've had many operations, about 10 for various things and the risk of any issues on the table are REALLY low.

Please see your GP who can reassure you and stop the worrying.

I have had two ovarian cysts that went away on their own. The first one was much bigger than the normal ovulation cysts and I had to have mri scan of it to make sure it was benign which it was and 6 months later it had gone completely, The second one was a ovulation cyst and I had repeat scan twomonths later and it had gone as well.

Dr said most of the time we do not know we have ovulation cysts as they come and go and never get picked up on a scan and this may be what yours is. They can usually tell on the scan by size etc and if so you just need repeat scan to see if anything has changed. If you cyst is bigger than 3cms or looks complex then they usually send you for mri scan and do the ca125 blood test to make sure nothing sinister but 99% of ovarian cysts are benign and harmless. Again unless they are causing pain they do nothing but watch and wait.

I also have three tiny fibroids which I have had for over 20 years and unless they get huge and cause problems they leave well alone.

I'm proper stressing, i was in pain a few months ago an they found a massive cyst on my ovary I had a scan and they said it was nothing really to worry about but sent me to gynaecologist who advised me to get it removed but I said I wanna monitor it and they sent me for a blood test to test for tumors when I came back off hol there was a letter saying blood test is back and they want me to come in for further management <--- that scares me and so I'm going for another scan tomorrow (praying it's shrunk) and then my appointment to see dr is on Thursday. I'm terrified xxxx

I had a massive ovarian cyst (size of a football) removed a couple of years ago and I also had the CA125 test which came back raised so Dr prepared me then when I saw my consultant he wasn't worried about the result because of my age (35) at the time. They sent my cyst off for testing and came back with borderline cancer (still don't know what this really means) and had a choice of being monitored or hysterectomy I opted for the latter due to my HA and don't regret it one bit.

Thread Information