Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making my own calming organic soaps with aromatherapy oils

Making my own calming organic soaps with aromatherapy oils

Hi all! Been wracking my brains as too how I could generate some money for NMP. Nicola and team work extremely hard for us and dont charge a penny. I think it would be great if we could show our appreciation by making a small donation to this wonderful forum that helps us on a daily basis.
    Got back into soap making and having lots of fun experimenting with beautiful organic oils. The soap base is organic also.

Ive basically started making my own as I found a lot of the so called soaps available for anxiety/calming smelt "fake" to me, and for the most part I couldnt determine their source. Also by making my own, I know exactly what goes into them! Ive tried them out on my sensative skin, and my little boy aged 10 also uses the UPS YOU GETS soap with no problems at all.

Ive made two very different soaps....one to calm you and one to uplift you.

THE COMFORTER SOAP (Calming) contains-
    Lavender Oil
    Neroli Oil
    Ylang Ylang Oil
    Vanilla Oil
    Rose Otto Oil - The most expensive oil in the world ( I pay £48 for a 10ml bottle!)
    Rosepetals
    Blackcurrant juice (Fair trade, organic)

UP YOU GETS...WITH ZEST! (Uplifting) contains-
    Orange Oil
    Mandarin Oil
    Lemongrass Oil
    Seasalt
    Orange zest
    Orange juice (Fair trade, organic)
    Grapefruit Oil

If any of you would like some to try, Id be happy to send you some if you would kindly make a donation to NMP for £5 please.
    You may think £5 is a lot for a piece of soap, but the oils are of the highest quality, and the bar is pretty large and will last ages! I hope you like them!

Best Wishes, Paula x
    Last edited by paula lynne; 06-05-11 at 13:33.

Re: Making my own calming organic soaps with aromatherapy oils

Aww Paula that is very thoughtful of you and thank you so much.

Do you have any pics we can see as they sound lovely.

Maybe I could sell them in the online shop at some point as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My pleasure Nic
    Havent got pics sorry, can even cut n paste, or post a link
    How about I send you 2 samples, and you could take a photo and post it? PM me your address and I will make them tomorrow! x

Ok thanks will do that then.

It is very kind of you to do this Paula.

xx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes i agree , very kind Paula. This site has brought comfort to so many people it's so nice when someone shows their appreciation. Thank you Paula

Paige xx

43 views and not 1 order
    Oh well, it was just an idea, not to worry. I understand people are struggling to make ends meet at this difficult time.

NICOLA, I will send you the two samples as soon as my oils arrive, maybe I could just skip this on here and send them directly to you for the shop, saves all the messing around with individual orders on here, which Im bound to get confused over .

P x

just seen this Paula ,

what a fabulous lovely idea ...............and typical of the lady you are .
    I am a huge fan of aromatherapy ..........even to the point of if I feel faint in supermarket ............I head to the fresh herbs and rub my fingers over the mint plant and sniff .it helps honest.
    anyway I would like to order two calming ones Paula and one revitilising one .
    lovely for gifts if they get that far

will speak on pm about payment and sending address . looking forward

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Im THRILLED!!!!!
    If you could send £15 direct to NMP via Nic, I will make them up for you fresh over the weekend. Nic can advise you about methods of payment. Thats very very kind of you Nicky, and typical of the woman YOU are..YAHAY IM A FUNDRAISER! WHOOP WHOOP!

Ive just ordered some very pretty plum coloured paper for the Comforter soaps, and some zingy yellow for the UPS you gets, and also so raffia for wrapping,(aint Amazon grand!) so Im hoping to make a half decent job of wrapping them nicely. Im even considering making some special edition soaps for summer, and xmas, if Nic is up for it. Also experimenting with different shapes and moulds. Bare with me, as its a basic oblong shape at the moment!

Yes, PM me your delivery address details. Thanks once again, that £15 will go a long way to boosting the coiffers of the NMP pot......youre a diamond.x

Thanks Naughtiest Member Ever, and I appreciate your text regarding could the soap sorting out all your mould and clagg problems. Yes...it can. MARRY ME? What about your wife...and come to think of it...my husband? I believe thats illegal in the UK. Will have to check.

Just send a cheque for £20 to Nic, Pm her for options.
    Thank you so much for your contribution, a big help for the NMP coffers.....

No I cant do the Newcastle brown or Mars bars, but I can put my legs behind my head while singing all the songs from West Side Story and make soaps at the same time.......got it all from my mum bless her. Maybe that is another story on a different thread. Goodness me, you are naughty.

For anyone else who is interested.......Im not taking any more orders. Decided to send a load of soaps up to Nicola next week and she can charge whatever she sees fit in the NMP shop. They are made with love, lots of beautiful oils, and are hand wrapped (is there any other way?) so I hope that those who can spare a few quid will enjoy them, its all for a good cause. Please wait until at least the 15th of this month as Nic wont have them before them. When you get them, please use them up soon as they are made with fresh ingredients.

Cheers, Paula x
    Last edited by paula lynne; 07-05-11 at 16:16.

bump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information