Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind & BAD Nausea :-(

Wind & BAD Nausea :-(

for about 4 days now i have been suffering with bad trapped wind just spinning around my stomach from under ribs right down to pubic bone area nothing is getting rid of it am passing wind like no tomorrow and god it stinks but still its more & more in there and i look 9months pregnant i went the doctor who examined my stomach and said i just have bad trapped gas & nothing more and once it goes i will stop bein so anxious as its just giving me constant nausea this morning i woke at 1am with the wind spinning around all under my ribs but i always get the worse shakey wind feeling just above my pubic bone like my insides are shaking....
    Also got the bad burning all just below ribs, sour taste in throat and burning in between shoulder blades....
    and constant hungerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

is this all just wind ? my ibs etc....
    Last edited by honeyp1e; 07-05-11 at 13:36.

Re: Wind & BAD Nausea :-(

hi i felt so sick the other morning and i'me terrified of being sick !!! i started to panic but i did 3 huge burps and it was gone !!! the night before i got myself in a terrible state over something and was really panicky and the next morning i felt like this. i seriously think that getting myself worked up brought it on or made my ibs worse. just trying to say try and keep calm and relax and i'me sure you will feel better. wind can be really unpleasant and make you feel pretty awful.
    take care
    tracey x

its also well mainly the burning feeling just below my ribs right across my stomach and the swelling of my stomach (looks massive) is really making me panic more i no my doc said its only wind after she examined my stomach but why would wind burn >> and last 4days?? could she be wrong

No sweetie - she won't be wrong.

Have you got some meds to soothe the burning? I can have nasty wind for weeks (and when it goes well, tmi and all that!!) and is most unpleasant.

The more we stress over these symptoms, the worse they become.

Have you tried drinking plenty of boiled water - it sometimes helps.

Jan
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    for about 4 days now i have been suffering with bad trapped wind just spinning around my stomach from under ribs right down to pubic bone area nothing is getting rid of it am passing wind like no tomorrow and god it stinks but still its more & more in there and i look 9months pregnant i went the doctor who examined my stomach and said i just have bad trapped gas & nothing more and once it goes i will stop bein so anxious as its just giving me constant nausea this morning i woke at 1am with the wind spinning around all under my ribs but i always get the worse shakey wind feeling just above my pubic bone like my insides are shaking....
    Also got the bad burning all just below ribs, sour taste in throat and burning in between shoulder blades....
    and constant hungerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

is this all just wind ? my ibs etc....

Hi all your symptoms do sound typical of ibs/gerd/anxiety, but i remember you saying a blood test, came back high for an allergy, but the allergy has not yet been identified, some of your symptoms could also come from an allergy or intolerance. It can take ages to see an allergist, i saw one, but ended up goinfg privately as the wait was just too long. But while you are waiting have you considered doing an elimination diet, i am not too sure of all the details but for a week or so you eat very bland food like rice, chicken, potatoes and then every few days you introduce a new food, to see how your body reacts to that food, it does sound a bit daunting but at least you can then see if it is a certain food causing it, or whether it is down to your anxiety, i am not totally sur of the foods you start with and how often to introduce new foods but you should be able to find loads of info on the net xx

May I suggest Charcoal Tablets from the Pharmacy.
    They are specifically for absorbing wind and stomach acid and normally work immediately.

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

It still sounds like gastritis (plus trapped wind) to me, Honeypie. Are you taking the gastritis meds still? Worth bearing in mind they can cause wind as a side effect. Sounds like you have some reflux going on too, from your other posts about the taste in your mouth.

I'm going to try Manuka Honey for my gastritis, as I don't get on with any of the meds. It's meant to be really good for gastritis and reflux. You can get it from health stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie6 View Post
    Hi all your symptoms do sound typical of ibs/gerd/anxiety, but i remember you saying a blood test, came back high for an allergy, but the allergy has not yet been identified, some of your symptoms could also come from an allergy or intolerance. It can take ages to see an allergist, i saw one, but ended up goinfg privately as the wait was just too long. But while you are waiting have you considered doing an elimination diet, i am not too sure of all the details but for a week or so you eat very bland food like rice, chicken, potatoes and then every few days you introduce a new food, to see how your body reacts to that food, it does sound a bit daunting but at least you can then see if it is a certain food causing it, or whether it is down to your anxiety, i am not totally sur of the foods you start with and how often to introduce new foods but you should be able to find loads of info on the net xx

i have an appointment on july 12th i think it is at the allergy clinic i seen doc yesterday and she looked at all my blood results and they had tested against wheat / eggs / soyabeans & milk also chrons / ceoliac / Hyplori all NEGATIVE she said they high allergies showing up in my bloods could be grass, soap etc could be basically anything i no that some chocolate, biscuits etc kick my stomach and acid off i ate jelly babies 2days ago and my belly went like this within seconds and the acid just started and some1 on here told me jelly babies are bad if you suffer with acid my stomach just feels dead tight, big and the burning just below ribs and in between shoulder blades also am very constipated :(

Quote Originally Posted by macc noodle View Post
    No sweetie - she won't be wrong.

Have you got some meds to soothe the burning? I can have nasty wind for weeks (and when it goes well, tmi and all that!!) and is most unpleasant.

The more we stress over these symptoms, the worse they become.

Have you tried drinking plenty of boiled water - it sometimes helps.

Jan
    xx

i have omeprazole 20mg one every morning (crap) and gaviscon when needed also crap x

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    It still sounds like gastritis (plus trapped wind) to me, Honeypie. Are you taking the gastritis meds still? Worth bearing in mind they can cause wind as a side effect. Sounds like you have some reflux going on too, from your other posts about the taste in your mouth.

I'm going to try Manuka Honey for my gastritis, as I don't get on with any of the meds. It's meant to be really good for gastritis and reflux. You can get it from health stores.

yes am on omeprazole & gaviscon am going to ask my doctor to up them x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information