Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wasps

wasps

ok sounds daft but i have a huge fear of wasps! dread summer coming and tend not to go on holidays in case there are alot around. in fact last years holiday was terrible because i was on edge the whole time and close to tears. any advice?
    bees are bad enough but wasps? urgh

hi sassy

i know how you feel i am just the same it started that i just didnt like them but last year i was realy bad i wont go into the garden i were tops and jeans so there is nothing showing and they carnt sting me i have windows shut etc i was just thinking today i have seen a few
    i have been out in garden geting stuff done befor the weather getts warm and they are more of them
    i havent been able to get over it at all but i do spray that stuff you can get to keep things like thast away .

jodie xx

Don't worry about it, my boyfriend doesn't suffer from any mental illness and he has a huge fear of wasps and bees. It's perfectly normal, I'm scared-ish of them but I'm allergic to them, I keep telling him "If someone should of them it should be me" he feels a bit more comfortable because if I'm not scared of them then he shouldn't be.

But hey in the short term use wasp spray to get rid of the buiggers, lol.

Scooties Back

HATE wasps too the way they can just creep up on you.Bees arnt too bad if you ignore them they usaully leave you alone. I think eveyone is scared off them you not the only one

jodie, you sound just like me. i must go thru a bottle of wasp away spray a week during the summer. i wont sit outside a cafe in case they are near the bins etc and if one so much a passes me in the street i run so fast that the kids have to run like mad to catch up!
    i wish there was something i could do to get over this fear. it ruins my summer and upsets the kids.
    bee's dont bother me too much because if they sting, they die so i reason that they only sting if absolutely necessary, where as wasps sting for any reason.

hi sassy,

I can totally relate to this. I once had to stop a taxi I was in cos there was a wasp in the back beside me. I think the driver thought I was mad. I have a huge fear that there will be one in my car and I wont notice till I'm driving (I swear they hide and come out when you least expect it). Thank god for air conditioning so I dont need to have the windows down!

My husband used to say ignore them and they wont touch you...until last year when he was stung doing just that.

Unfortunately I think I've passed my fear onto my kids....terrible I know, but I cant control myself if theres one about.

Anyway this has just reminded me to buy some spray (I even sleep with a can beside my bed lol). Its been really cold here so I havent seen any yet, but forewarned is forearmed as they say!

Coni X

thanks connie i know the fear of one being in the car well. i was on a busy bus last year when to my horror one was happily buzzing next to me. i just sat like a statue close to tears untill my stop came then i got off the bus shaking like crazy. i dont drive but i refuse to have any windows down if travelling in any car in the summer. at night all windows are closed no matter how hot it is. good to see im not the only one who has this fear xx

hi sassy
    you wont belive it you put this post out and i replyd then this morning i went to the loo and i could hear a buzzing noise yes there was a wasp on the blind i had no spray and couldent go back to bed untill it was dead i found it at 6 35 and after loads of spraying with impuls,bathroom spray, mouse ,detol,baby oil it died 840 lol i was stood there all that time mad huh my hubby just slept sead i was mad !
    i was thinking of you and chuckerling to myself if only you could of seen me

jo x

oh my god jodie lol you sound like my twin! i do that..i spray deoderant, bubble bath, shaving foam lol you name it. i even left the house once and begged a neighbour to kill the dam thing because i was so scared. im actually convinced that if i piss the dam thing off, it will come after me and wont stop till im stung (psycho wasp).
    i feel for you..that must have been sheer hell!

Sassy,

the idea of a psycho wasp gave me a laugh....thank you.
    We had a nest a couple of years ago in the kids play house which I came across by accident (as I was tossing toys gaily inside). You've never seen anyone move so fast...I was throwing children out of the way....bolted inside and locked the door. My husband was rolling about laughing. I refused to budge until the pest control people had been and got rid of it!

Coni x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information