Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS pain feel like period cramps?

IBS pain feel like period cramps?

My anxiety has been pretty high this year, and the past couple of months my IBS has flared up. My stomach is achy all over and feels like it's full of trapped wind but also the pain is down low at the bottom of my stomach and feels very gyny like period cramps. Anyone feel this? I also have no appetite today and feel quite sick.

Lele x

Re: IBS pain feel like period cramps?

Yes IBS can give you very low abdo pain joy!!

Thanx for replying. I'm just so worried it's ovarian cancer or something. X

Hi i have had this for about a week now bad trapped wind/ nausea and discomfort just above public bone area id describe it like my bowels are shaking and period type cramps but the nausea is the worse just wish it would settle down as i keep thinking something major is wrong but docs just said its all IBS

sometimes I can't tell the difference

i get this, and i need to pee ALL the time, also have backache. my sister was diagnosed with ibs also was my aunt. i havent' been because i dont want to go to the doctor. im scared it could be somthing worse!

I feel awful. Totally constipated. Trapped wind feelings, indigestion, nausea hip pain back ache, always need to pee, and constant period pain!! Feel like I need to have a bowel movement yet I can't/don't. I'm petrified it's bowel or ovarian cancer!! Also feel like my chest & stomach are all hot inside like burny.. No appetite etc. I'm loosing weight too :( I have kids and petrified of dying!

Quote Originally Posted by lelespears View Post
    I feel awful. Totally constipated. Trapped wind feelings, indigestion, nausea hip pain back ache, always need to pee, and constant period pain!! Feel like I need to have a bowel movement yet I can't/don't. I'm petrified it's bowel or ovarian cancer!! Also feel like my chest & stomach are all hot inside like burny.. No appetite etc. I'm loosing weight too :( I have kids and petrified of dying!

everything you have described i have my main one CONSTIPATION but past few days i have had trapped wind & nausea BADLY really hate the nausea as i cant move sometimes the room just feels like its spinning & i go all light-headed & i just feel the wind spinning round my stomach .... i went the doc's thinking there was something major and once she examined me she said its all just GAS i am passing alot of (smelly ) wind but still have allot trapped i cnt get rid of!! i was like you kept thinking i had bowel canecer or something along those lines & was back & forth the doctors and i think my poor doc got sick of me i was sent for all kinds of tests x-ray / ultrasound / bloods etc all came back clear apart from one blood which showed high allergies so i have an allergy clinic appointment but not until july anyway i was diagnosed finally with just IBS and i stil thought NO ITS SOMETHING THERE MISSING.........
    I lost over 2 stone but i think this was more to my constant worry/anxiety and no appetite and like you have said you get burning in your chest & stomach the burning could be acid & wind i get burning in my chest which is JUST acid & also i feel like my bowel area is hot usually just above my pubic bone area which my doc has said this is just trapped wind which goes warm i still struggle with accepting that its just IBS but am better than i was today i have really bad pains lower back, hips & stomach, look pregnant & pressure above pubic bone area as i just cant go the loo..
    hang in there you will get better you just have to de-stress (easier said than done) look at what your eating as this can be some of your troubles.. are you on any anxiety meds ?? i only started getting better with a little help of citalopram i have been on them now about 6weeks am not yet 100% myself again but am getting there x x

Hi

Thanx for that I'm glad your doing better! Did you ever get pain in your rib area? Mines has been agony since Friday. It feels someone has punched me from the back and it's aching, I'm not on any anziety meds, might have to go down that route though as this is getting ridiculous... How can I get rid of all this waste and gas I've tried many thing that don't work.

Lele xx

Hi,I'm new to this forum. Ive been experiencing pains like this for about 18 months now. My GP has told me its IBS but I'm always worried its something worse. My pain and discomfort is usually in my lower right side. I get stabbing pain,cramps like period pain,pain sometimes after I eat,discomfort when I lie on my right side, pain in my lower back and leg. Sometimes I suffer with trapped wind and I feel like a fluttering sensation in my groin area.I can go to the loo some days 2-3 times or go a few days without going at all.Some days I get no symptoms at all,others I seem to suffer with them all and really badly. Like I said I was/am on a bad day convinced its something more serious because of where it is but my doctor says IBS. It's gets me really worried and I constantly think about it. If any one has any tips or advice,I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information