Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many palpitations is 'normal'?

How many palpitations is 'normal'?

So some of you will remember me posting about my painful palpitations. They have died down thank goodness. But now they have come back since yesterday as regular stop starting of my heart, but very frequently. So I'm just wondering how many palpitations you can get in say an hour and it still be classed as you not having a problem?

I've been ignoring them but they're just getting really annoying tbh and it's frustrating me.

Re: How many palpitations is 'normal'?

i had a 24 hr heart monitor and had 20 an hour, they say thats fine, i had 500 in the 24 hr period with none whilst i was asleep, ive had alot tonight whilst i've been on here, they're frustrating as anything!

And they are benign?

I am hoping that the increase is just to do with bring pregnant. I am really trying to ignore them and get on with it but they are so distracting.

I have had a rise in stomach discomfort which I wad hoping might be the cause and am clinging onto that as an explanation.

yeah just keep telling yourself they can't harm you, try to ignore them best you can, frustrating i know, i hate them i just take a deep breath and carry on as normal, i've had a few painful ones and just keep telling myself if my doc was worried id be wired up and in hospital by now!

My father is 81 and he has had constant ectopics for 10 years. I went on a 3 mile walk through the countryside with him last weekend and he kept up with me!

every day I get at the very least one or two very noticeable ones every hour. Unless I am having an anxiety attack in which case it feels like they are constant, I guess now I just tell myself that for the past two years they havent killed me and are perfectly normal, so I just go along with it now

Well I have had so many today I decided to take myself off to the dr just to be on the safe side. In short all was ok and she did an ECG just to be doubly sure which was 'normal' too. Do just got to put up with the damn things.

Does anyone else have any input on this? Still happening far too much for my liking.

I can have days with hundreds - some make me dizzy if I get a run of them.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

I'm beginning to think I've been having tons if them a day for ages because sometimes I don't notice them and as soon as I 'sit down they start up. It's getting me down a bit. I must be getting (when I notice them) 20+ an hour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information