Thread: Anyone who has had a baby....

Anyone who has had a baby....

I gave birth to Ellie 13 and a bit weeks ago. Unfortunately she died of a rare recessive genetic disorder.

What is worrying me is that I had a period 3 weeks post partum, 7 weeks post partum and now I am two weeks late but definately not pregnant. I've been worried it could be because of a brain tumour affecting my hormones but am hoping it could just be stress. However, I was incredibly stressed before and the other two were regular.

Anyone been here?

Re: Anyone who has had a baby....

Hi - firstly I am so sorry for your lost - Ellie is a beautiful name.

Right - bleeding. I bled for weeks after giving birth, then didn't bleed at at for months afterwards. It is so normal for your periods to be all over the place so please be reassurance that you sound normal. Did you have your 6 weeks check-up with your docs? If not book one now - they check to make sure all is ok in the womans departments. Hope this help x

Hi just wanted to reply to say really sorry for what happened to your little girl ellie you are bound to be very stressed with what has happend that will mess up your periods also it does take your body a while to go back to normal,sorry if not much help but i wanted to reply take care hope things get better soon toria xx

hi hopefulmi, I haven't been in your situation but I'm sending you loads of hugsx

Thanks guys. To be fair, the 3 week pp bleed could have just been lochia still. One hospital said it was a period but my hospital (over the phone) said it seemed a bit early so maybe it was lochia and I've only had one period. I had a 6 week check but will mentiona it to GP when I go back for more citalopram. I have started on cerazette this week so maybe I will get a breakthrough bleed soon.

Hi Hopefulmi,
    Just wanted to send lots of love and thinking of you!
    Hope you're doing ok
    xxx

Hi
    Sorry for your loss, cant imagine what it has been like for you.
    I had my 3rd baby 24th feb, so probablys around the same time as you? as Brooke is 12 weeks old.

I bled for around 2 weeks none stop. Then i stopped a week or so and then bled none stop for a week or so. Then i stopped a little while and started again which the health visitor said would more than likely be my period, but after that i must of had a few days without any blood and then started again for over 2 weeks. And now im just wondering when i will be on my period again.
    Obviously i was worried and confused, but was reassured and told its normal for my body to do this and my periods could remain irregular from now on type thing.

When i had my 2nd baby after her i bleed for a constant 5-6 weeks an then stopped and had my period normal after that.

i guess theres no right or wrong way

Thread Information