Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many posts are too much?

how many posts are too much?

Hi ,
    just been thinking about this topic .and I dont mean starting a topic needing advice or support . I mean answering posts .
    how much is too many? from previous forum life I have seen people attacked for being always about . so am aware that this does bother people and perhaps dilutes the words given .
    Personally I love to see familiar names ..........feel warm and connected and feel I get to know the Voice of that person whatever is said .
    can you become a forum pest? cos I dont want to be one but this post isnt about me ...just opinions would be enlightening . truthfully xx

Re: how many posts are too much?

Hi Snowgoose - I love reading posts from those who post regularly like you.

I do, however, sometimes think that certain people post continously without taking any account of advice offered and assurances given by other people. Which I do understand that sometimes they are unable to help themselves due to their illness but it can be frustrating.

Sometimes I look at the posts and end up replying to 6 or 7 if I feel I have something to say or offer, other times I read posts and have nothing to add so say nothing!

Snowgoose,I will tell you that it is always a pleasure to read your posts
    I hope you will continue
    I hope to have a new name soon

There are people who's posts I always look out for, Snowgoose you are one, and then there are others that I tend to ignore.

I think that if you offering sensible advice great, if you are coming back continiously asking the same question then no.

Hope that makes sense

thank you Macnoodle,Elen and Nellie
    you too are ones I look out for always .

but honestly this post isnt about me .....just wondering how answering posts is viewed here if done on regular basis ?
    I am on another forum [not anxiety related at all ] .google sadbugger .com ha!!

just someone there has been accused of being always there and been ridiculed for it . got me mad .....but thinking . x

I am on another forum that has a relative few that post on most posts. Because I now what to expect from each of them I like it. I know who's posting I am likely to find interesting and who to avoid.

I have it when forums turn on people, in my mind the whole idea of a forum is for people to express their opinions.

Everyone does not have to agree but they do have to respect each others right to have their own opinion.

Elen

I could say am most prob one of those people who will post & post most prob until i get the answers am looking for this is only on bad days cos if am having good days i don't really write anything but then there is days where i feel bad and i want to post something but i wont because i think people most prob are bored of my post as there most (well are) usually always about the same thing (stomach problems & anxiety) i hate the way i (we) all have to suffer but i do get some rest & reasurrance when i have posted even when no1 comments it still gives me that minute to get my troubles out x x

hi snowgoose are you on about people that post new threads or people answering and replying to peoples posts.

i perosnally dont mind me either i think if you dont want to reply then simples dont lol
    but i do think if you can offer advice no matter how many times then you should if it can help someone else and if your experince helps then is it really a bad thing? xxx

Quote Originally Posted by scaredstiff695 View Post
    hi snowgoose are you on about people that post new threads or people answering and replying to peoples posts.

i perosnally dont mind me either i think if you dont want to reply then simples dont lol
    but i do think if you can offer advice no matter how many times then you should if it can help someone else and if your experince helps then is it really a bad thing? xxx

i agree if you can offer help and advice to some1 who s feeling down or suffering even if that person posts & posts i would help them in any way i could x

Hi Honeypie and Scared stiff,

think I have worded this badly .........I meant answering really. I so do not mean anyone who feels they need reassurance a lot .......hell it could well be me tomorrow . just wondering about answering really if I dont know what to say .......but have the time to do so . what the vibe of the forum is about this .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information