Thread: Awake / Alone / Anxious / Lump In Throat !!

Awake / Alone / Anxious / Lump In Throat !!

House is silent am wide awake just sorting out my daughters stuff for her birthday party today at 12pm and am getting really anxious not because am having all kids around or anything as am not so bad when am with people its because am up now on my own house is silent my negative mind has time to think had that " something gonna happen feeling" for a few hours now as i had a sleep about 6pm till 11pm (thought it was the next day) only wanted to grab an hours sleep while i had no kids then woke at 11pm feeling anxious and still got it now and now i have that lump feeling & taste in my throat also my acid is kicking off in my shoulder blades don't no if this is because am anxious or ??
    i just hate bein up on my own as i think to much all the what if's & am i ill / why am i still awake / why am i feeling so anxious blah blah
    i HATE feeling this way as i wont settle and am just feeling i can't swallow

Also IBS has been playing up having bad trapped wind and NAUSEA this has been real bad like now i have the burning just below my ribs in the center and then from belly button down-wards just have a horrible nervous belly type feeling and i have been constipated now for a good few days which is making me feel ill and horrible got a ll the lower back and belly pains how am i meant to ignore this anxious feeling and get on with it as i now keep yarning but wont be able to relax & get back asleep feeling this way can even feel my heart getting faster as i sit here!!

i just want ti be able to go the loo normal & also not always be so anxious whenever i wake up day or nnight

Re: Awake / Alone / Anxious / Lump In Throat !!

Hi Honeyp1e,

So Sorry to hear your feeling so anxious, and feeling so lonely, do you have a relaxation tape/cd, that you could listen to, help you to relax, and maybe goto sleep. I hope you feel better soon. sending ya some hugs:

Yvonne

Im in the same boat Honey Its awful. The past few nights I have been falling alseep on the couch about 7ish and waking about 11 or 12. When I go up to bed my heart starts racing for no apparent reason then I start really panicking thinking that im having a heart attack Its a complete nightmare. Ive had health anxiety since i was 15, im 27 now and was taking meds but had to stop as im expecting my 3rd baby. Everything always seems worse at night time and I constantly feel on edge, getting horrible thoughts. Oh to be normal! Hope you are ok xxx

Quote Originally Posted by laineystod1 View Post
    Im in the same boat Honey Its awful. The past few nights I have been falling alseep on the couch about 7ish and waking about 11 or 12. When I go up to bed my heart starts racing for no apparent reason then I start really panicking thinking that im having a heart attack Its a complete nightmare. Ive had health anxiety since i was 15, im 27 now and was taking meds but had to stop as im expecting my 3rd baby. Everything always seems worse at night time and I constantly feel on edge, getting horrible thoughts. Oh to be normal! Hope you are ok xxx

OMG am the same and to be honest i can't remember the last time i actually slept in my bed i have been sleeping on the sofa now for so long i can't remember i go to bed and its as if that's where it all starts my heart just races and i go into complete panic so i just fall asleep on the sofa watching tv i don't no whats the difference in sleeping in a bed to sleeping on the sofa if am going to panic it will happen no matter where i sleep but i just find it more comforting on the sofa hopefully i will break out of this habit as its not good on my relationship well my partner says he loves the bed to himself lol but its just not nice i guess...
    but i no what you mean about the night time i hate it.... its now 3.27am and am still awake just put my washing away done some more bits for my daughters birthday party today and now going to iron the kids clothes and mine for today then its off to mop the floors (oh the joys of bein a night owl ) x x

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne_uk_98 View Post
    Hi Honeyp1e,

So Sorry to hear your feeling so anxious, and feeling so lonely, do you have a relaxation tape/cd, that you could listen to, help you to relax, and maybe goto sleep. I hope you feel better soon. sending ya some hugs:

Yvonne
    hi Yvonne sometimes i listen to my Ipod and fall asleep that way but because i have been asleep for 5hours i will be awake now until sat night x x

Hi Honeyp1e,

i sleep on the couch too, I get panicky at night too, and been working on it, looking at my bedroom and seeing what I can change to make it a safe place for me. plus change tthe colour of the room cause it brings back memories. When I get my bedroom back, I can change its colour, do a few different things to make it feel safe.

for now, I'll have to put up with being on the couch. like you I find the couch comfortable. one day you will get back to your bedroom. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.

Yvonne

Thread Information