Thread: Sharp headache on ejaculation

Sharp headache on ejaculation

Hi,

Has anybody else had this problem? Happened about a week ago, very sharp headache on top at one side at the crucial moment. It subsided about 15 minutes later but have to admit i was very worried at the time. Can't stop thinking about it and stupidly spent time on Google afterwards which didn't help. I do suffer from high blood pressure but it is being controlled by medication and over the last few months has come down quite a bit and at the top of the normal range.

Thanks for listening.

Re: Sharp headache on ejaculation

Hi. I have heard of this happening to some men. My ex had it happen to him sometimes too and he didn't have any medical problems. He described it as a stabbing sensation in his head. I wouldn't google it but I'm fairly certain it can be normal in some people and it's nothing to worry about, although I'm sure it ruined the moment at the time...

*EDITED TO SAY: I just googled for you (I don't have health anxiety) and it seems to be associated with high blood pressure or stress and anxiety. Either way it's not serious or anything to worry about, but it might be worth mentioning it to your Dr when you next see him/her as there are medications for it if it's particularly bothersome.

Thanks for the reply. I have my next Dr catch up in a few weeks so i will mention it then. And you are right, it didn't exactly help the moment!

No... and there's nothing quite like getting leg cramp at the critical moment either!

Are you sure you didn't bang your head on the headboard/wall?

I am fairly sure it wasn't down to any form of sexual gymnastics. Mind you I have suffered from leg cramps before and that was the quickest withdrawal ever!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Changes in blood flow (ahem) and the release of "feel-good" hormones, chemicals etc can trigger this Pete. The one-sided, sharp, throbbing, stabbing pain could be migraine/cluster type headache related, and although annoying/painful "at the crucial moment", I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about, especially since anxiety is likely to make it worse. Mention it to your doc if it continues though.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you. I have a regular doctors check up in a few weeks so i will see what happens before then.

My boyfriend always gets really bad leg craps when he.... Maybe it's just one of those silly things. I wouldn't worry x

Thread Information