Thread: Is this a Panic Attack?

Is this a Panic Attack?

Long story short:

I tried a Buddhist Retreat, but there were more than 100 people there... too many for my idea of a retreat.

So we left early.

In the KFC queue (Husband insisted...) at a Motorway Services.

This man behind me got too close: I'm sure he was just looking at the menu, but I started sweating and shaking (and the shaking is like epilpetic shaking). I looked at my Husband and suddenly a 'white mist' descended. Everything was far away, but too close. I suddenly couldn't speak, wanted to cry, and my legs just folded.

He bundled me out; I was ABSOLUTELY petrified of the people around me. The journey home - about 1.5 hours: I had three episodes. I shook like nobody's business, I actually screamed as if someone was chasing me. And I had to tell my Husband: don't talk to me! don't touch me! (Poor man... he's exhausted....)

I did breathing exercises, I recited all I knew about Shakespeare and talked myself down, so that will fit in with the CBT I'm in line for.

I'm off Citalopram and in week one of Sertraline.

I got home and I'm fine now, if not exhausted.

Took a double dose of the Sertraline tonight: 50mg, and am feeling so much better. Up at this ungodly hour because I am glad not to be sweating or shaking...

Any feedback welcome.

Kx

Re: Is this a Panic Attack?

I think I've answered my own question: I think the Buddhist retreat I went to used St John's Wort in their soup! The interaction was terrible.

Kx

I think I've answered my own question: I believe the Buddhist retreat I went to used St John's Wort in their soup.

Bad interaction!

Kx

Hey,

It sounds like one... anxiety is crazy, it changes its appearance to trick you into thinking there is something else wrong. (I think so anyway)

It sounds pretty similar to what happened to me a few times, the floor went all warped it was awful and the walls started closing in. - bad shakes aswell, worst bit was my boyfriends mum was there, I felt so embarrased. I was sure that she'd be like what the sweet mother is going on here then! - But she was pretty cool to be fair.

This has happened a few times.

It sounds like you had a really bad episode. Dont let it get you down. You sound like you have a brilliant hubby too!! - at least you had support when it happened.

Go back and talk to your GP - are the meds right for you? You never know.

I wish I could give some wise words of wisdom, but all I can say is your not on your own and you'll have all the support you need here.

Thread Information