Thread: 2 days of feeling incomplete bowels

Red face 2 days of feeling incomplete bowels

Past two days I've been obsessed by this feeling I go to the toilet and not long after it I feel incomplete again even if there's nothing there been about 3 times so far today maybe once it was a small piece more the rest. Was the same the day before..surely it's not normal? I'm getting worried by it maybe my anxiety is not helping much?

Edit: Just had a surge of diarrhea and I'm panicking that I'm dying here I do feel really nervey.
    Last edited by phil06; 15-05-11 at 20:50.

Re: 2 days of feeling incomplete bowels

I guess nobody can help. Still feel this and I'm anxious.

Well you aren't dead so that is good Phil.

Sounds like IBS to me

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So do I accept it's IBS? Or does a GP need to check me over?

My other question is if I think about the bowels and keep worrying will I feel I need the toilet more? Will anxiety aggravate it?

So is this normal to feel incomplete sometimes wind? I really think my anxiety has made it worse as I am focused on it and goggling for days on end? Maybe I'm looking for any tingling feeling down there? My head says if I feel it all day it must be a awful illness that's making me anxious and I'm focused on the feeling. Only went to the toilet once yesterday but I have been focusing on the feeling today, again only been once but I feel that wind or need sensation.

How is it possible to feel you need all the time if you don't? Can anxiety do that?

are these symptoms physically affecting your quality of life? or is it the anxiety over the symptoms?

you seem to have over magnified the symptoms/feelings by almost watching out for them and giving them too much attention, your health anxiety seems to be playing up too.

IBS can make you feel like you need to go when you don't, the feeling of pooping or passing wind then followed by the feeling that theres more in there is the halmark symptom of IBS.

I think if you get help for the anxiety, sort out your diet etc.. that could help the symptoms.

wen I get stressed out I get awful pains in my tummy, it's my IBS telling me to calm down.
    I often end up stuck in the bathroom when I have to get out, on a nervous day I can be late for things because my IBS is acting up.

Red face Re: 2 days of feeling incomplete bowels

I've had another poor two days just want to discuss my symptoms:

Yesterday I felt I needed to do the toilet all day and it was just wind I never actually done it (now I was going loads every day at one point so not going is good BUT feeling I need is very uncomfortable).

Today was worse I had two bowel movements I was working and I could have been in the toilet every hour but I had to hold it in feeling I needed. Now when I went I had a stain there ..sometimes even when I come out the shower I get this stain like I've been going to the toilet. So I spent all my shift worrying I'd poo'd myself but It was just staining.

A quick run down of what's been going on: Had frequent bowel movements about May 2010 onwards after a big anxiety attack driving tests triggered me to need alot I then had a spell of frequent bowel movements between 3 - 5 times a day seen the doctor he said it was anxiety after a quick check over me. I got some relief but started googling again I went through a spell over the past few months I could go like hours without needing, sometimes I felt I really needed but I'd watch a film and the feeling would go, sometimes it's wind.

But the past week I have started worrying again..usually one bad day sets me off and I google all sorts of cancers, bacterial infections, stools and everything.

Does it sound like IBS ior anxiety? I'm getting really worked up over it. I feel this wind/awkward feeling like I need all the time the past few days..it did get better because I ignored it a bit and held in no w it's like it was when it was bad.

It sounds like it could all be down to IBS and anxiety (and the anxiety causing IBS) to me Phil.

Just reading back this thread for months...you are getting more upset and anxious about it, and then it seems the symptoms become worse.

Do you eat enough fiber? Not doing that can lead to constipation (it sounds like you've been getting that) which can then lead I think to alternating periods of being bunged up and then wanting to go all the time.

You can get natural laxatives from the chemists/supermarket. Prune juice and whatnot.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by eight days a week View Post
    It sounds like it could all be down to IBS and anxiety (and the anxiety causing IBS) to me Phil.

Just reading back this thread for months...you are getting more upset and anxious about it, and then it seems the symptoms become worse.

Do you eat enough fiber? Not doing that can lead to constipation (it sounds like you've been getting that) which can then lead I think to alternating periods of being bunged up and then wanting to go all the time.

You can get natural laxatives from the chemists/supermarket. Prune juice and whatnot.

Good luck
    Yes I'm getting anxious it's embarrassing, horrible feeling I had 5 bowel trips today.. I fear bowel cancer too! Even though it's rare at my age I fear it.

Well it's strange as my issue was too many bowel trips..I stopped eating brown bread and wholemeal biscuits and some curry as it made me go. That helped I had less diarrhea. Eating any takeaways cause me to go at the moment too.

I had Buscopan from the doctors to make me go less..I get one day a week I don't go but I go about six days out of 7 now even if once in that day..before I'd go about every second day. But yes if I think about it, right now I feel this urge to go again! when it gets really bad I run out of anything to go so it's very little sometimes.

I don't have other symptoms of bowel cancer but when you read about early signs..well I've had an urge to go to the toilet a year some people say well I'd know by now if I was ill but still worry.

But I fear as much as my diet may or may not help the anxiety right now if that's what it is is going to make me need the toilet..why? Well I fear bowel cancer my head can't get round it..my stomach churns, rumbles, summer salts as I sit trembling in fear almost..makes me need more. Days I feel well i get that awkward feeling and get anxious?

Can't win?

Thread Information