Thread: Going for colonoscopy

Going for colonoscopy

My "ibs" if that's the issue is so painful my dr is sending me for a colonoscopy no idea when my app will be probebly months, but I'm petrified they find cancer or something.

Lele x

Re: Going for colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy last year and an endoscopy because i had stomach pains. They both came back clear. Its not the most comfortable of procedures but it's over very quickly.

If you have any questions please ask...

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

Thanks Taffy. Do I get the results there and then? Does it hurt? Do u have ibs how'd u cope with the cramps?

Xx

Yes I had the result there and then. I had a sedative to relax me which is like being drunk so my memory of the procedure is a bit vauge. I wouldn't say it was painful more like uncomfortable...the wind and bloated feeling afterwards is not nice either.

I don't have IBS and to this day can only put the pains I was having down to anxiety...my father died from Colon C so I've got a big fear of that amongst other things!

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

Thanx! Sorry about your dad. Xx my pains just feel like period pains mixed with trapped wind, hope my appointment comes soon, I'll just panic till it comes xxx

Panicking will only make it worse...have you got any other symptoms? If not they try and think logically. I was convinced mine was bad news but got the all clear and the pains went away soon after...it's all in the mind but people like you and me find that hard too accept don't we..

Remember when we're anxious our stomach takes a big hit and does funny things...

Just constipation, and the pain really. No bleeding etc, I've lost a fair amount of weight bit I put that down to anxiety.. I hope! Did you wait long for your appointment? Xx

I've got private health care insurance so had my appointment pretty quick...within 3 weeks I think.

All those symptoms are classics of anxiety...you'll be fine Hun..at least it'll put your mind at rest as it did with me.

Hi there

Have a read of the posts in here too:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=72

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information