Thread: jerks?

Unhappy jerks?

I know anxiety can cause twitches and they don't bother me too much. My bum twitches, my leg, my back, my eye etc. However, I've noticed quite a lot when I'm just lying down reading or sitting, sometimes my lef will jerk/jump, or a finger or toe. It is really starting to freak me out now. I've mentioned it to my GP but they didn't seem concerned, just put it in my notes. I'm convinced I've got ALS or MS or something and I'm going to die soon again.

Everytime I get myself on track, something else crops up

Re: jerks?

Same here...lots of twitches here and there especially when trying to go to sleep.I have ask Dr after Dr with no luck about them,they say its nothing...and very much like yourself everyday brings something different,if not one worry then another...its really tough.I guess most people just ignore the things we concentrate on.Hope you feel better soon.

I get this as well, i'm pretty sure it's just our bodies in a high state of anxiety. Adrenaline effects our muscles, it is pretty freaky, but your not alone hun xxx

I get them too, in my leg and neck. Doc is absolutely certain they're harmless, and thinking about it they do seem to go up and down with my anxiety. They're so annoying, but the more you worry, the worse they get, so try not to worry.

My boyfriend is an athlete and massive fitness freak, and he jerks all the time. He's so hard to sleep with because it even happens in his sleep. i think it's just a muscle thing.

With anxiety, we are constantly stressed out which leads to muscle tension. In turn, muscle tension leads to twitching and jerks due to muscle exhaustion and stress, so it may just be the anxiety itself causing your twitches and jerks If the doctors aren't worried about it you should be absolutely fine.

Definitely just sounds like an anxiety thing to me.

I had involuntary muscle spasms in my pelvis once; I could actually see my skin jumping around. Lasted a week or two and was due to bad stress x

Thread Information