Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need huggles.

Need huggles.

Hi everyone.

I need a hug from all my friends. One of our dogs died last week. We had 5 dogs, a whippet, sh1tzu, terrier cross, lurcher and Irish Wolf Hound.
    The wolfie was a real gentle giant, fantastic with children. She loved kids so much, and tried to be really gentle with them with her huge paws. Her name was Luna, short for Lunatic. The thing she loved best was waiting for the dish washer to be filled so she could lick off all the plates naughty Luna. She also loved digging a big hole in the garden and then lying in it.
    She was always in the way too! And she wouldn't move for you either, she would block up the door way so you had to squeeze past her and stroke her on the way past. She wasn't a very good guard dog, she just loved everyone...even the vet!
    Luna was 9 this year, wolfies don't have long life expectancies so this was a good age. Her heart rate was rapid and she was struggling to breath. Then when we were discussing the options she got bloat. She really struggled with this, she didn't eat or drink or wee or poo for two days and we knew it was time.
    We took her to the vet and he said that her liver and kidneys were gone and her heart wasn't good either. Because she was so big the vet kindly agreed to put her to sleep in the car outside (we have a people carrier). Then she was gone
    We brought her home and the same day took her to a pet funeral place and had her cremated. I hugged her in the car before she left, it was strange she was still warm, and we cut a piece of her hair. We have her ashes now in a beautiful scatter box, she is still with us.
    It's strange now she isn't getting in the way of the tv or doing her mischievous little antics, she isn't telling the other dogs off when they play and stand on her. I have stopped crying now but I will never ever forget such a beautiful awesome member of our family.

Kez xx

Re: Need huggles.

Hi Shoto

You will never forget her.

I know the ache of holding doors open for a dog that is no longer with us, reaching out first thing in the morning to pat a head that is no longer there.

It does get easier but you never forget, the beauty is that the good memories start to take over from the bad.

Hugs to you and the rest of your dogs who must also be missing Luna.

Hi Shuto, I'm so sorry to hear about luna, i too know only too well the heartache of losing such a dear friend, i cried for weeks when we lost our's, but elen is right it does get better, and you remember all the good times, and realise you did the best for her, thinking of you at this sad time, lots of hugs

Thanks guys. It's weird. I see what your saying about remembering the lovely times and funny times with her, but at the moment all I am thinking about is those last few days when she was ill. I wish the good things will take over soon.

Shoto

You never believe that it will happen but trust me it will.

I have a picture of my old boy in my hall, a picture taken when he was in his prime.

That is how he now is always in my memories, the most beautiful, handsome and striking boy that ever lived, (in my opinion).

It takes time honey so don't beat yourself up about it.

Elen

Hi
    Very sorry to hear about your pet. What a fabulous name.
    We have Just one dog at mo he is16 this year.We would do exactly what you have did if and when the time comes.
    Before we had two jack russell dogs.Mother and daughter. When the mother died at 16 years old the other one died 6 months later.
    Some one did a painting of them both when they were young off a photograph. I still have it on the wall.
    lots of love and take care x

Hugs to you Shoto

Paige xxxxx

Sending you huge hugs hun I really do know how you are feeling at the moment. We had to have our old girl put to sleep 2 weeks ago today, but the pain and heartbreak is still raw. I have 4 other dogs but the house feels empty and I have a huge hole in my heart.
    I am trying to cherish the lovely memories I have of her and knowing that we were able to do the last act of kindness for her by letting her pass peacefully and with dignity.
    Luna was lucky to have such a kind person in her life and to have been loved and spoilt Take care hun, thinking of you

thinking of you, and praying for you too.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

dearest kez, hope you can find some comfort in this poem, big hugs Emms xxxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information