Thread: Bathroom cleaned with bleach

Bathroom cleaned with bleach

Hello all,

I share a flat with four other students, and I'm usually the only one who cleans the bathroom. I recently got them to agree to a rota and today one of my flatmates cleaned the bathroom, and even though we have a perfectly good bottle of bathroom cleaner he used bleach. I don't think he even diluted it, I'm actually a bit cross with him. He said he didn't 'risk' cleaning the toilet seat with it, but he used it on the sink, and the rest of the toilet. He says he rinsed it all off, and he's not stupid but I'm terrified of getting ill from the toilet or tap or something.

I don't know very much about this sort of thing - is there any danger? I think in the future I'll just clean the bathroom myself, I don't trust anyone else!

Many thanks.

Re: Bathroom cleaned with bleach

I don't think you need to dilute bleach when you're cleaning as long as you rinse it off afterwards. I don't think you have anything to worry about but if you ARE worried just rinse your hands after you've finished using the sink etc. Why not just give the sink and bath or whatever a quick swish with water to rinse any residue away if that would give you peace of mind? I'm not saying I think you need to do that, I just think it might make you feel less worried.

I have this theory about bleach in that its going the same way as antibiotics i.e germs will become immune to it. Why do people have this obsession with bleach and using it to ‘clean’ the daftness things? We have not had bleach in our house for the last eighteen years neither have I ever felt the need. OK this was through necessity rather than choice as we are not on mains sewage and instead have a septic tank so we cannot use bleach but frankly I see no need. Can someone enlighten me please because I find it quite mystifying?

Hi all.
    I am a bleach freak. I use it everywhere. The toilet in particular.
    As long as its wiped over with kitchen towels or cloths.I put diluted bleach into mugs to get the tea stains out, then give them a good wash when the stains have gone.
    Now just a warning-- never get bleach on your clothes else they will be ruined.
    I also use lemon juice for cleaning stailess steel . very good.
    Also if you go on holiday cut some lemons up and leave then on a plate or something and it will keep your room fresh.
    love to allxx

You're all very kind, thanks for the reassurance. Feeling a lot better now.

Give it another clean with ya bathroom cleaner.

I'm with groundhog on this one, bleach freaks me out and I only use it down the kitchen sink and then I choke on the smell !! I hate it tbh!

Ya know what they say (whoever 'they' are !), If you wanna job done properly, do it yaself! Good luck

Els

im a freak would think i had insanly somehow magicly got it in my mouth and i would slowly die, thats me though and i laugh now although i thought i had some of my babies excema cream in my mouth yesterday and i seriously paniced!!!
    Clean it yourself then you will feel ok.
    Ang

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Give it another clean with ya bathroom cleaner.

I'm with groundhog on this one, bleach freaks me out and I only use it down the kitchen sink and then I choke on the smell !! I hate it tbh!

Ya know what they say (whoever 'they' are !), If you wanna job done properly, do it yaself! Good luck

Els
    Definitely seeing the logic in this. Every time we have a conversation I discover he did something else wrong.

Him: Bob will clean it next time. I'll tell him that the blue cloth is for the toilet and the yellow cloth is for the sink.
    Me: The yellow cloth is not for the sink.
    Him: What is it for?
    Me: The toilet.
    Him: Oh.

Thread Information