Thread: Hello - New to this Site

Hello - New to this Site

Hello Everyone - I've been experiencing some form of anxiety for the last 10 years. It started very isolated, and now it's on my mind every day, which has lead to physical symptoms, i.e. chest pain, head tingling, brain fog, etc. Been checked out physically my doc who says everything is perfect. I have an appt with a therapist this afternoon to get professional help. I'm not one to take medications, so I'm hoping I can try the cognitive behavioral approach.

I am determined to overcome these negative symptoms. I'm 44, work full time and love my job, I'm married, and I have two wonderful boys, 15 and 21. We live in California and we lead a busy lifestyle with school functions and many group outings, so needless to say, having to deal with anxiety and panic has been a huge problem for me. My husband is not supportive at all - thinks this is all in my head - therefore, I've joined this site to hopefully receive some reassurance that I will be ok and that I will get through this rough time.

Thank you to all who took the time to read my post.

Hi gceniceros

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hello - New to this Site

hello, aboard

You will find this site a great help and a great form of support, we all know on here the struggle of dealing with anxiety and will try and help you. its very friendly here and there is always someone around to talk with

kayleigh x

Thanks KJane. I'm finding the posts very informative and helpful. And, I'm definitely feeling the 'friendly' vibe.

I think this site is exactly what I needed to help me cope with my anxiety.

Enjoy your day

Gina

its helped me alot being on here and talking to people going through the same things as i am, i hope it helps you to, sorry to hear your husband is not very supportive either x

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hi there, I only found this site yesterday while googling my new meds. It is very friendly and it's also great to know you are not alone, none of us are. Just start replying to posts and add people to contacts. I have anxiety, chronic depression and psychosis. Added to that I struggle to leave the house sometimes and know I will have to deal with that at a later date.
    Someone on here will always help you. Welcome aboard. T x

Thread Information