Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nausea/stomach issues/ibs

nausea/stomach issues/ibs

Hi everyone.

I used to be a member of this forum but forgot my username/password so have made a new name. I'm have a really really bad time at the moment and was wondering if anyone can relate/offer reassurance.
    I recently went through months of anxiety about headaches I was getting and convinced myself of the worst. Then, i started to feel nauseous a lot. Once this started I stopped worrying about my headaches and they went away (isn't that always the way). I started off feeling sick every so often and it was only brief, then it changed to every morning as soon as I woke up. I even thought I was pregnant but wasn't. Now I have it from when I wake up and most of the day. It only goes at night after i've had my tea and relaxing watching TV.
    It's not just nausea I get; I can't stop going the toilet and have so much wind/gurgling in my tummy. The other week it eased off and during that time my bowels settled down and i was rarely nauseous. Then it came back :( It's nearly 2 months of having this now and i'm feeling so incredibly scared. I have a big fear of doctors/tests but faced my fears after a couple of weeks and went. The doctor wasn't worried and said it was anxiety and to try my best not to worry. She said it was probably a mixture of acid and IBS and gave me omeprazole and colofac. So, a week later it went away.
    Then it came back and I'm feeling nauseous nearly all the time :( I still have so much wind/gurgling/needing the toilet. So, I went back to the doctors and saw a different doctor and told her about my anxieties, etc. She explained how with IBS the intestine spasms and is pushing wind in all different directions and up towards my stomach and that's why i'm feeling sick. It all makes complete sense, even the gurgling wind, etc. She's given me a beta blocker and some different IBS tablets and told me to make sure i exercise every day. She certainly wasn't worried about the nausea.
    Well this morning I thought I might be feeling better but as usual woke up with bad nausea. I even ran to the toilet and heaved but nothing came out. I'm trying to accept that the doctor is a professional and knows what she is talking about but it's so hard when I feel so sick :( I have bad thoughts going through my head that its something really serious :(

I'm getting in a right state and need reassurance please, i'm putting my poor family through hell talking about this to them.

Please write back :( xxxx

Re: nausea/stomach issues/ibs

Anyone?

It does sound like IBS ,ive had all those symptoms at some point .Mine is more or less undercontrol now tho .I think you need to sort out what foods are aggravating it ,as most people with it are sensitive to certain foods .Have a look on the IBS page to the Left .Its also important to drink plenty of water and above all try to relax .Being tense and Anxious will keep it going for longer .Ginger is good for Nausea ,try some ginger and lemon tea .But above all try to acept its just IBS ..as Nasty as it is ,it will go given time t./c Sue

Thanks so much for your reply suzy-sue, I've been sitting here feeling worse and worse and worrying myself that I have a deadly illness. I've cut out chocolate, coffee and alcohol but the way i'm feeling nauseous every day no matter what I eat is making me think it's not food related. I am in such a state right now and keep crying so if it's stress related that i'm not doing myself any favours. Thanks for the reassurance x

Quote Originally Posted by daisyflower View Post
    Hi everyone.

I used to be a member of this forum but forgot my username/password so have made a new name. I'm have a really really bad time at the moment and was wondering if anyone can relate/offer reassurance.
    I recently went through months of anxiety about headaches I was getting and convinced myself of the worst. Then, i started to feel nauseous a lot. Once this started I stopped worrying about my headaches and they went away (isn't that always the way). I started off feeling sick every so often and it was only brief, then it changed to every morning as soon as I woke up. I even thought I was pregnant but wasn't. Now I have it from when I wake up and most of the day. It only goes at night after i've had my tea and relaxing watching TV.
    It's not just nausea I get; I can't stop going the toilet and have so much wind/gurgling in my tummy. The other week it eased off and during that time my bowels settled down and i was rarely nauseous. Then it came back :( It's nearly 2 months of having this now and i'm feeling so incredibly scared. I have a big fear of doctors/tests but faced my fears after a couple of weeks and went. The doctor wasn't worried and said it was anxiety and to try my best not to worry. She said it was probably a mixture of acid and IBS and gave me omeprazole and colofac. So, a week later it went away.
    Then it came back and I'm feeling nauseous nearly all the time :( I still have so much wind/gurgling/needing the toilet. So, I went back to the doctors and saw a different doctor and told her about my anxieties, etc. She explained how with IBS the intestine spasms and is pushing wind in all different directions and up towards my stomach and that's why i'm feeling sick. It all makes complete sense, even the gurgling wind, etc. She's given me a beta blocker and some different IBS tablets and told me to make sure i exercise every day. She certainly wasn't worried about the nausea.
    Well this morning I thought I might be feeling better but as usual woke up with bad nausea. I even ran to the toilet and heaved but nothing came out. I'm trying to accept that the doctor is a professional and knows what she is talking about but it's so hard when I feel so sick :( I have bad thoughts going through my head that its something really serious :(

I'm getting in a right state and need reassurance please, i'm putting my poor family through hell talking about this to them.

Please write back :( xxxx
    Hi & Thanks so much for writing all this i have been going through the same symptoms for a while now my main things are the trapped wind (i feel this spinning all round my belly) & the nausea (its horrible) and i have been the doctors and A&E so many times with these symptoms and nothing can be found and when the doc examines me they always just say its gas nothing else but i still come away thinking its something worse i also have bad constipation but i find my water works are alot more am just glad you doctor explained about the wind moving all round causing the nausea and that am not just the only one but i still don't no how to get rid of all the gas i do pass alot of wind and i mean ALOT & its smells so bad i hate it x

Thanks Honeyp1e
    It's awful isn't it :( It's the first thing I think about when I wake up and i'm even dreaming about it. I have so much wind too, especially as soon as I wake up in the morning and last thing at night. I also can't stop burping. I find that food helps a little bit (as soon as ive eaten the nausea goes away for a tiny bit but then comes back). Have you found the same? It's hard to eat when you feel so sick though isn't it :( xx

Thanks Honeyp1e
    It's awful isn't it :( It's the first thing I think about when I wake up and i'm even dreaming about it. I have so much wind too, especially as soon as I wake up in the morning and last thing at night. I also can't stop burping. I find that food helps a little bit (as soon as ive eaten the nausea goes away for a tiny bit but then comes back). Have you found the same? It's hard to eat when you feel so sick though isn't it :( xx
    was about to ask you the same about eating even if i feel hungry some days i can't eat as the nausea is so bad and i have just eaten some toast and the nausea settled down for a short while but now i just feel sick again my stomach is also swollen and i look as if am pregnant my doctor said it could be a food intolerance so i need to look at what my diet etc but its all trail & error to see what effects me and what doesn't but am finding lately that everything effects my stomach and am sitting here now and can just feel the wind spinning av=round my bely this really makes my anxiety worse x
    were you burp a lot i trump a lot and the wind still doesn't go x

Yes it doesn't, I don't know where all the wind comes from! Also from what you said before, i'm also weeing more too; i'm figuring it's because wind in my bowels is pressing on my bladder and maybe that's contracting too. I always wee a lot when i'm worried; when I was 18 and going through a bad time I was weeing every 5 minutes ALL DAY LONG until i managed to pee blood from irritating myself. I think my body hates me sometimes, hehe x

Yes it doesn't, I don't know where all the wind comes from! Also from what you said before, i'm also weeing more too; i'm figuring it's because wind in my bowels is pressing on my bladder and maybe that's contracting too. I always wee a lot when i'm worried; when I was 18 and going through a bad time I was weeing every 5 minutes ALL DAY LONG until i managed to pee blood from irritating myself. I think my body hates me sometimes, hehe x

am the same i just wish i could eat normal without any symptoms and just live a normal live i hate the way i am and the way i have to suffer x

any tips on how to stop nausea that comes as soon as you wake up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information