Thread: Is this withdrawal symptoms?

Is this withdrawal symptoms?

I'm 6 months pregnant and started trying to wean myself off sertraline in the first trimester, on the GPs advice. I had been taking 50mg a day but started having half a tablet a day then cutting the tablet into smaller and smaller bits until i was making a tablet last a week. I was still feeling like I was getting withdrawal symptoms though, especially dizziness, and have only just managed to give them up (I haven't had any for about 2 weeks). I'm still feeling weird but I don't know if it's still withdrawal or just my old symptoms coming back? If it hadn't been for the pregnancy I would have stayed on them as I felt a lot better but now I wonder if it's worth it if you just end up back at square one when stopping them? I'd appreciate some feedback on this, thanks.

Re: Is this withdrawal symptoms?

Sertraline is the generic name for Zoloft an antidepressant. If you've stopped it for two weeks, then under a doctors supervision you might want to stay of it now. But, since your pregnant, I would definitely seek a knowledgable doctors advise. I've been on many different types of antidepressants, but none of them did me any good so I just tossed them.
    But, everyone is different, so you want to be careful when you make a change by stopping any medication.
    You can get off the medication with no real withdrawal syptoms if you taper gradually. But, again, ask your doctor about that, too. OK?
    I hope this helps. You need comfort and reassurance now so you can focus on your pregnancy. I hope this helps. Please let me know how you do if you want to.

Thread Information