Thread: Shaking/ tense muscles

Shaking/ tense muscles

Hey all, lately i have been feeling terrible stopped going out and becoming miserable, reason being i feel really weak, my legs hurt so much, when i stand/sit in the same position for more then 2secs i get so main pain not sure if its from tension but it feels like im shaking all over, which effects my breathing to :( my body feels so weak

Re: Shaking/ tense muscles

Hey Joe,

Anxiety causes a LOT of muscle tension, because we are constantly on edge and tense without even realising. In turn, this makes our muscles pretty sensitive and overworked, so the aching and trembling you are getting definitely sounds tension related to me as opposed to anything you should worry about Try having a bath to relax your body when you are feeling achey or trembly, it usually works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeturner2 View Post
    Hey all, lately i have been feeling terrible stopped going out and becoming miserable, reason being i feel really weak, my legs hurt so much, when i stand/sit in the same position for more then 2secs i get so main pain not sure if its from tension but it feels like im shaking all over, which effects my breathing to :( my body feels so weak
    Joe,
    I'm the exact same. Have been having physical anxiety symptoms for a year now..muscle twitching, exhaustion, tingling/sensory issues, morning anxiety, general aches and pains...but over the last month, I've had dreadful muscle pain, shakiness and weakness. I get out of bed some mornings fearful that my legs won't carry me...but they always do. I only have to go for a brisk walk and i have dreadful pain in my thigh muscles for 2 days. And with my health anxiety, I cant help wondering whether there's something else going on. I have thyroid issues so it could be that...but I'm also under alot of stress due to the breakdown of my 8 year relationship so I'm putting the new muscle pain down to this. But it is so frustrating and I know exactly how you feel. Anxiety seems to be able to impact on ANY part of the body and play absolute havoc.

Fingers crossed your pain/shakiness will start to get better soon.
    WiP

Hey yes thats excatly how i feel, just waiting for the day my legs wont carry me!always questions how can aniexty cause this much pain

Hey All
    I seem to have this on and off all the time these days.... Some days I'm convinced my legs won't hold me up and other days I'm absolutely fine... It's so frustrating and scary.... I'm sitting here now with a hot water bottle on them worrying whether my legs willbe strong enough to get me through work tomorrow...

It's hard to believe that stress or anxiety can cause this much discomfort and worry.... :0((
    Last edited by Tatty; 24-05-11 at 22:52. Reason: Missed word

Well - of course - my legs got me through the day.....
    Am feeling a bit better today than I have done recently..... I'm sure it's all the posts I've read on here making me feel a bit better - I'm not the only one going through these frustrating symptoms....
    x

Thread Information