Thread: New lease of life on Citalopram- giving people hope of recovery

Smile New lease of life on Citalopram- giving people hope of recovery

Hi all,

I joined no more panic when I started taking Cit in November 2009. I started on 20mg so suffered quite a few side effects. I have been on 30mg since about Feb 10.

I just wanted to give people some hope. I have had anxiety for years and for about six years I was getting help but never tried meds. However after a bad spell in nov I took them. I can honestly say my life has turned around. Thanks to them helping reduce my anxiety I no longer worry about worry the same! It's like a switch has been switched off. I still think about things but it's more a fleeting thought rather than a week of stress! I was struggling with lots of everday things. Now I feel I take them in my stride. This last year has been my best in about the last six from a mental health point of view. So for all those people worrying about taking the pills like I did. I can honestly say it's worth persevering for the longer term benefits. I only wish I'd tried them sooner.
    I am now living the life I cried for when I was low. You can do it you just need to keep positive and turn that corner on the road to recovery..

Re: New lease of life on Citalopram- giving people hope of recovery

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been prescribed Citalopram but I was sick when I tried it and I've been too scared to try taking it again since! It's great to hear a positive story about it. I'm so pleased to hear that you are doing well. Thanks for sharing your experience with us fellow sufferers... it does give us hope!

This is great to read especially when im having a really low day, thankyou it has certainly gave me a little bit of hope xx

am also on citalopram am up2 20mg right now am a lot better than i was a few weeks back but not yet 100% when i was on these a few years ago i only needed 20mg and i was great but i don't feel that way just yet so i asked my doc to up them which he then gave me 40mg but am thinking that's a big jump so may take 30mg for a while & see how i go i just want this negative thinking to go away so i can have a life back again x

Thread Information