Thread: please help, need some advice on vaginas

Unhappy please help, need some advice on vaginas

right, i think i may have a yeast infection so have just bought some live cultures non sugar yogurt. i have just put it on my bits and tried getting it inside.. sorry if this sounds crude.. but im abit worried about putting it inside of me, i mean where will it go.. how much should i put in.. and how often should i do this.. i left it on there for about 20 mins and then had a warm bath to clean it off, should this be longer.. please help.. really need some good advice, oh and how long will this take to clear up.. thanks

Re: please help, need some advice on vaginas

I've read you can dip a tampon in it & then insert for 2 hours. Not sure it will work though!

The best thing is to ask your GP for a swab test & treatment. If you're sure it's thrush, ask a pharmacist for advice - you can get cream, pessaries and a tablet to swallow. Any option will work it's up to you - I take Diflucan, it's one tablet and clears up within a day.

I think you should just use your fingers and once you've got some inside you just leave it there and let nature take its course. It won't go anywhere except gradually slide out of you. You can keep yourself clean on the outside just by wiping with a babywipe (or equivalent) when you go to the toilet but the yoghurt needs to be inside you for it to have any effect. Don't wash it out of you and insert fresh yoghurt every 2 or 3 hours. If you're struggling to get any inside you, phone your Dr as they can give you plastic syringes especially for the job. When you are given pessaries by the Dr they come in doses that gradually disolve inside you over a 3 day period. So you will need to keep doing this for a few days I would think. Good luck.

Oh... and DON'T dip a tampon in yoghurt and insert that. For one thing the tampon will absorb the yoghurt, and when you have thrush you are supposed to let air get to the area.

hi,
    have replied on previous thread about same issue a while ago .
    have you seen nurse or doc?
    You can get canestan cream and pessary from chemist which will clear up the yeast infection no bother . and it wont do you any harm .x

Get your doc to take a swab and have it tested. I've been getting treated by my doctor and sometimes treating myself for what I was sure was a yeast infection. Turns out I don't have any kind of infection but suffer from "vaginal dryness" and was given a treatment called Replens vaginal moisturiser for two weeks. Haven't started it yet as I had my period. Hopefully it will work cos neither the oral tablet or the pessaries were doing anything to relieve my symptoms. I never knew a "thrush" type discharge could be caused by anything like this. I'm almost 43 yrs old but apparently this can occur in women of any age.

You learn something new every day!

Haz.x

Thread Information