Thread: Mri results!!

Mri results!!

I was referrred to the ENT b y my Dr due to diziness.

The ENT carried out lots of tests and put it down to anxiety, I wasnt entirely happy with this and persuaded him to refer me for an MRI.

I went for the MRI on Monday (16th May) The nurse told me it would be 7-10 days for my results.

I rang the MRI unit today to see whether my results would go back to my GP or the ENT dr.
    The lady on the phone said 'The report has been done and the DR that referred you will need to access the results from the intranet where they have been posted'..

The ENT clininc was closed today, so i wasnt able to ask them if the DR had obtained my results.

Im worried about my results, but what I am more worried about, is how fast the results have been made available when I was told 7-10 days.. its only been 3

Could this be an indication that something has been found??? How long has everyone else waited for their results..

Really need some reassurance.

Re: Mri results!!

I'm willing to bet that the '7-10' days number was quoted because when the department is at peak, that is how long it takes to process. Think of it a bit like when you get a pizza delivered they always tell you it'll be 15 minutes longer than it'll actually take.

I've had X-rays\Ultrasounds done on a musculo-skeletal thing both private and on the NHS and on the NHS it took a few days to get reviewed, while private it was in the system and reviewed in about half an hour. The system is pretty quick when it wants to be, they probably quote such a long time so people aren't worried if there is a delay.

Plus, if results come back in any negative way, doctors tend to get in contact pretty sharpish and don't leave it till they get back from a day off!

Thanks for your reply, i guess im just worried since a lot of posts i've read about MRI's state that most people had to wait at least two weeks for them to come back

If it was urgent, they would call you back in ASAP. They are probably well staffed and have got it through quicker than they quoted.

Best wishes.

Thread Information