Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For those scared by their IBS Symptoms

Re: For those scared by their IBS Symptoms

I'm scared I have ibs :( what are the symptoms ?

Hi thanks for the post it i think i need to read up on ibs,i would rather have toothache than enjdure this pain constantly.

Very interesting as my friend keep saying I don't have IBS because my symptoms do not include diarreah or constipation. I just get an intense pain in my middle region and it is worse at night. x

I had a question? My IBS symptoms seem to change. The location of the left sides abdominal pain started higher up then moved down. I am going to the bathroom pretty regularly after gettin off wheat,dairy, soy and changing my diet. Also juicing. The only concern i have now is the tender spot lower when I press on it only. It is about two inches below and two inches to the left of my navel. Anyone else out there with that tenderness/slight pain? I would be more reassured if someone else was going through this,because I keep thinking i have a tumor. I hope it's only inflammation in the intestine from the former constipation. Any advice would help.

Is a feeling of not completely emptying bowels a symptom please?

Hey all. Hope everyone's okay.
    Decided to sign up and share my story / symptoms in the hope that it might help me a little bit. Basically after losing my father in law to cancer in December 2012, I have been struggling with what I, and my doctors, believe to be IBS. I have a raft of symptoms, ranging from bowel discomfort (no real pain) to diarrhoea and a sensation of constipation. In my 33 years I've very rarely been ill and had not visited the doctors in over 12 years (the last time was with a suspected broken finger!) so this crept up on me and has knocked me for 6. I consider myself somewhat of a 'control freak' so not being able to easily treat this illness is stressing me out which, in turn, is obviously leading to it being worse. I've been through all the usual cognitive responses - worrying to death about it being something more serious and constantly trying to make sense of it although that it appears that it just isnt a 'straight forward' illness. In fact, my symptoms have been so sporadic its ridiculous! I've had dizziness, felt nausea, had the typical lower abdomen cramps - right now it appears to be manifesting itself in my lower-left flank, just under my rib cage! Medication (colofac, buscopan, Oemprazole) appear to have no real affect. So - im convinced that the trauma in November and the resultant effect on me and more significantly my other half - is whats responsible. Do people believe that hypnotherapy or psychiatric assistance might help in some way? Its getting to a phase now where my sleep is affected - and as a result my general well being and mood and social activities are being affected. That feels like the rocky road to depression.........

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joandarc19 View Post
    I had a question? My IBS symptoms seem to change. The location of the left sides abdominal pain started higher up then moved down. I am going to the bathroom pretty regularly after gettin off wheat,dairy, soy and changing my diet. Also juicing. The only concern i have now is the tender spot lower when I press on it only. It is about two inches below and two inches to the left of my navel. Anyone else out there with that tenderness/slight pain? I would be more reassured if someone else was going through this,because I keep thinking i have a tumor. I hope it's only inflammation in the intestine from the former constipation. Any advice would help.
    Hey Joandarc- if it helps at all - I have EXACTLY the same. Pressing on it makes it tender. but its in that very spot. I dont think you need to be too worried......

Great post

You've answered most of the questions i've been wanting to ask, everything you describe is exactly what I'm experiencing for months now, my doc has me on peppermint oil capsules, i don't think they're doing the trick though so I'll need to try something else and get checked out for food intolerances.

Thanks again

Petesy.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    i automatically go into panic mode when my bowels even start to move
    Me too, I'm almost phobic, always think that it's going to be the start of something bad, even though it's usually normal for me:-(

Acupuncture helped me a lot, has decreased the amount of pain dramatically, from an almost debilitating, to a very tolerable level. With the pain, a lot of worries went away. I have experienced IBS for the first time about 2 years ago, mine is lower-back pain and stiffness, also pain on the sides of the abdominal area, and almost always have pain on left side front rib cage area. The first time it hit I went to the ER, they suspected kidney stones but the ultrasound, blood & urine tests and x-ray showed no abnormalities. Fam doc was buffled. I demanded an endoscopy and colonoscopy, he took some convincing but being a high anxiety patient he gave in after a few months all normal. First visit to a chinese doc, he knew what it was. Diarrhea/constipation alternates, also have GERD, an anxiety disorder, depression. I have studied information extensively on IBS, and from what I was able to gather, it may be caused by anixety, out of balance gut flora, or a combination of the two, or other mystery causes. Triggers may be some types of foods but it is greatly affected by anxiety. I highly recommend acupuncture and herbal cure administered by practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It can be expensive and may need 20+ sessions but it is worth it.
    Last edited by ANXMAX; 05-10-14 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by joandarc19 View Post
    Hi i have the same, pm me if you like
    PND - Dignosed 2014
    Health Anxiety - Diagnosed 2014

You may think im greedy, but I didnt choose these disorders, they chose me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information