Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feelings of anger because of loneliness

Feelings of anger because of loneliness

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone else gets really jelous and angry when the weekend arrives and everyone is out and about enjoying themselves. I look out of my window and just watch everyone in this world doing something without me. It really gets to me. I do go out sometimes but because of my anxiety and shyness I just hate it. I just wish I could be like those people I see out having fun. I fear im going to be alone forever in this world.

lol xx

Re: Feelings of anger because of loneliness

Hey mrk

Been there done that...This illnees nakes you isolate yourself....

the only way forward is to face that fear and go for it.... good luck

Hello there I do know what you mean; weekends tend to be particularly hard. My shyness definitely holds me back too, so sometimes I feel like weekends emphasise how much I stick to my comfort zone of staying in my house.

It’s been particularly hard as my ex, who I used to spend weekends with, doesn’t want me as part of his life anymore. He used to be the person who understood me, and I spend a lot of time thinking that I’ve lost my best friend and dwelling on the past.

I hope that you get through the weekend ok, but your not on your own. Hope you find something’s to keep you busy and distracted over the weekend,
    Take care xxx

ooh yes.

well. seeing events happening on facebook and knowing weekends are for partying usually. cuz i dont have anyone to go with, and being somewhere on my own caused anxiety before. or at least if im somewhere and know im meeting up with friends at the end of the night wherever they are, feel better then.

I hate adverts for holidays for this reason. lol.

and the annoying thing was i had mates who werent into the same music, who were inviting me out for a while, and the message was "i wont enjoy a regular social till i get my weekend fix" but couldnt really tell them that. so just stopped. .
    Last edited by evil monkey; 20-05-11 at 21:26.

Weekends and evenings are worst cos everyones out and im not as busy... iv started doing things at weekends, going to groups to make it easier and seeing friends. I can completely relate, im suppose we're all use to our own company now.. lol

Unhappy Re: Feelings of anger because of loneliness

Its good to know other people can relate to me. Its just so hard for me cause I only have one friend and I hardly see him cause he's always out with his girlfriend. I just hate this feeling of loneliness. I just dont know what im going to do now my girlfriend has gone theres just a huge void there now and my anxiety is just affecting my life so much. Why cant I be normal!!

Hi mark
    I know exactly what you mean, im 23 and people all around me are going out and having a laugh and i feel nothing but envious of them, and i wish i was as confident as the majority of people. It definitly gets me down. Im shy aswell so that doesnt make me feel any better.

Yes I am struggling with the same thing.
    I am a Christian and really do not want to feel this way.
    I can not go out the house unless someone is with me and weekends and holidays are a killer for me as everyone out and about doing things and I here I sit day and night alone. It has been much worse since my husband died 4 years ago.
    Do not see people very often as they always busy doing things with there own familys

I sometimes feel angry and jealous of people out enjoying themselves, in relationships etc when I feel particularly lonely. I think it's only natural really and when you have as many problems as I do and find it difficult to make new friends, the frustration can be really bad at times.

Quote Originally Posted by mrk74 View Post
    I look out of my window and just watch everyone in this world doing something without me.
    I did that last night! I got invited to a party but didn't go because of my anxiety and then I just spent the whole night moping around. There's something really taunting about the way the world looks through a window on a Saturday night. I imagined all the people in clubs or pubs or friends' houses drinking and having fun. It's definitely the lonliest time of the week. It's even more annoying and frustrating because I know that I bring it on myself by saying no to invites. It's a vicious cycle.

When i do feel that way I try to cope with it by distracting myself, watching a film or something. But sometimes there is nothing more depressing that Saturay night tv too. Gah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information