Thread: omeprazole

omeprazole

I've stopped taking my omeprazole last week as the doctor said they could be the cause of my bad wind am just wondering will I get any withdrawel symptoms from just stopping them ?

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

Re: omeprazole

None that I know of, I've been on & off omeprazole for many years now and each time I had stopped all I got was a minor discomfort for a few days but nothing major Danielle.

I take them to counter-act another med's side effect, and I was still taking the other med each time I stopped the omeprazole.

I must admit in all the time I've been taking omeprazole I've never suffered bad wind becoz of them, I think it wud really depend on what yer eating habits are, I eat a varied diet in an effort to be healthy and like I said I ain't suffered 'extra' wind.

I hope this helps ease yer worries Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Saving View Post
    None that I know of, I've been on & off omeprazole for many years now and each time I had stopped all I got was a minor discomfort for a few days but nothing major Danielle.

I take them to counter-act another med's side effect, and I was still taking the other med each time I stopped the omeprazole.

I must admit in all the time I've been taking omeprazole I've never suffered bad wind becoz of them, I think it wud really depend on what yer eating habits are, I eat a varied diet in an effort to be healthy and like I said I ain't suffered 'extra' wind.

I hope this helps ease yer worries Danielle.
    my diet is CRAP and all it consists of is bread/ biscuits hardly no fruit/ veg etc.. i hate my diet but has been like this since i was a baby i have been having a burning sensation just below my ribs it feels like when you have sunburn and someone touches your skin & it stings thats how it feels also the burning in my back :(

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

I get heartburn (acid reflux) which is part of the discomfort I got after stopping, but it passes, I had to adjust my dietary intake to level off the Ph balance (which shud be slightly acidic and not neutral) in my tum, I drink a lot of tea and having extra milk in it kinda helps relieve the heartburn.

Eating something, like dry bread, along with drinking my extra milky tea helps remove the heartburn from the upper tum area and my oesophagus (esophagus, gullet) by soaking up the excess acid up there and taking it down to my tum.

I've had the burning sensation also deep under my back, and I was told that the oesophagus actually runs down behind our spine and if the acid gets very high up & is strong enuf it can cause that stinging burning sensation there. I'm not an anatomist but it was a doc that told me that.

Have ye explained to yer doc about what ye eat on a daily basis, I wrote a kind of daily intake diary to show my doc when I suffered badly, that was due to a lapsed colon cozing trubs further back up.

But it helped the doc understand.

If ye have been suffering terrible wind Danielle then stopping the omeprazole may help but mention to the doc how yer feeling now after stopping, there may be another med they can give you instead.

Am also suffering bad nausea with the wind :( I sit here sometimes with my hand on my belly and it basically feels like am having a baby all the popping around my belly I think its the bread causing the wind I will have to start writing everything down again and any symptoms I get :(

Hi Danielle, I'm wondering why you don't change your diet if you know it's causing you such misery? Have you thought about maybe just trying to cut out bread made with wheat? Sainsbury's do a few wheat/gluten free breads.. I've found that just relying on medication to make everything better is a vicious circle. Maybe just pop down to your library and have a rummage through the health section? Good luck..

I have an intolerance to wheat and have been eating wheat/gluten free foods for a good 8-10 months now and my stomach still goes crazy my worse is the nausea all the time and the burning :( I have tried so many times to just not have bread at all but I always fall back to bread :(

Hi Dannielle
    I keep telling you that you have got to alter your diet your diet consists of all coarbs and that is not doing you any good
    Try having some fruit and also vegetables
    I suffer with IBS the same and I cant eat to much bread or wheat.
    Have a lovely holiday next week .

Joanx

Honey - you know what they say "rubbish in, rubbish out" and "you are what you eat".

Now get the diet sorted young lady

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Honey - you know what they say "rubbish in, rubbish out" and "you are what you eat".

Now get the diet sorted young lady

I NEED to,, I have started having some grapes now & then but its more that its like am scared to eat different incase they kick my stomach right off all my foods are wheat/gluten free as am intolerant to wheat so I worry a lot about this :(

Thread Information