Thread: Friends wedding tomorrow...

Friends wedding tomorrow...

I have been worrying about going back to the north for a friends wedding for a few weeks, I am so paranoid about my appearance, that possibly sounds very shallow. - But I am a curvy size 12, OK in some shops I am a 14 !! - Got myself all worked up after sending not one but three dresses back in two weeks, and them not refunding the money yet has added to the stress.

I am nervous because I don't want to look rubbish in front of others, like let my boyfriend down. He would never say anything other than nice things even if I had not brushed my hair or teeth for three days, but I just feel a bit of terror setting in. I think it is because we live away from them all now and someones appearance is really noticable when you haven't seen them for ages, you can see changes that those that you see everyday can't. If that makes sense?

I don't know whether it was because I was bullied a bit at primary school because I was a skinny little thing, I would have blown away in the wind, (I wish that was still the case) and I just dont have that confidence in my looks at all. I know looks aren't everything and I am trying not to sound shallow, but it's something that affects me.

When I went to uni I piled loads of weight on, and I went to Slimming World with my Nan and got down to 9 stone 7llb and it was brilliant, and I felt great, but everyone around me said don't lose too much, and now I am back up to 11 stone. - I am going swimming all the time though - it's my work place there's far too much cake around for my liking.

It's just the thought of being at the wedding has been giving me sensations in my chest for the past few days.
    I even started smoking again after over a week... I feel quite ashamed of myself for smoking, as I desperately want to stop.

There thats my worry at the moment

Re: Friends wedding tomorrow...

Hiya, how exciting, I love weddings!
    Do you know what, your real friends would never judge you on your appearance. Im sure your boyfriend wouldnt either. Ok, so youre unhappy with your weight, but you can still look fantastic, just dress to suit your shape at the moment. The average size is 16/18 in the UK, so you are actually smaller than average. I know you want to make a good impression because some of these friends havent sen you in a while...but you will make a good impression by being you and enjoying yourself. Everyone will be too busy looking at the bride and having a good time to notice youve put a bit of weight on.........

Try to relax, enjoy the day and make some wonderful memories.x

Re: Friends wedding tomorrow...

Thank you, your so right, I feel a lot better about it. The bride is going to look absolutely beautiful. Ill let you know how it goes. X

Thread Information