Thread: Ladies please - help needed

Angry Ladies please - help needed

Hi

I was just wondering whether anyone else suffers from really bad dizziness / lightheadedness and nausea before / during and just after their period. My period has just finished and I feel awful. And to top it all off because I suffer from Health Anxiety it is making me feel worse.

Any advice greatly welcomed

Thanks, Spike

Re: Ladies please - help needed

Hi Spike,

Well not specifically but I sometims go anaemic which makes me feel the above at that time of the month. I just think its normal and the more you think about it the worst you feel.

Hi -
    I have heard that anaemia can be a cause of anxiety states/panic attacks. I wish I had known that when I was younger, as I was a vegetarian and had very heavy periods so was probably low/level anaemic all the time. Now I am post-menopausal and far less anxious than when I was younger so I think there may well be a connection.

Yep, I get dizzy and clumsy a few hours before. I have dropped plates & walked into a door before. I put it down to hormones and try to ignore it. My fella will cook if I get dizzy as I'm not safe!

Aww Hazel, its good your fella cooks really sweet

hya, my childminder suffers from this alot wen she is due on and on her period! she went to the doctors as she has lots of panic attacks whilst on her period and one of the nurses explained that it was her hormones... i think now she expects to feel that way as she has associtated the feelin of panic with her period and in tur this makes her feel worse... xxx

I get terrible vertigo, palpatations and migraine for a week before my period, and panic and anxiety also becomes worse. Its almost completely gone within 24 hrs of bleed....blooming hormones! I plan EVERYTHING around my period..shopping, holidays, days out. Roll on menopause!

aw thats sounds really terrible.. is there anything u can take from the doctors just wen u r at your worst time of the month, i no she takes a antihistamine called certrizine which calms her down( dr gave her it) or have you tried rescue remedy? im in a bit of a similar situation myself as i am pregnant (34 weeks) n have been like this since i concieved!! :(( so can sympathise greatly.... and cannot take any meds due to lil bubba .. hope u can find sum solution xx

Thread Information