Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intrusive thoughts

Re: Sexual intrusive thoughts

Will do, but one thing that freaks me out is when I get an erection now at any time (because of these thoughts I think I'm doing something wrong :( ) Is that a bad thing? Especially in the morning when I wake up. I hate that the thoughts are trying to tell me that I like it, BUT I REALLY DONT!!!!! :(

I think I'll have to go to doctors and go on anti-depressants.

I think most men wake up in the morning with an erection, especially younger men and it has nothing to do with what they are thinking. I wouldn't worry about that.

Now stop dwelling on these thoughts and try to distract yourself. I think it would be a good idea to go back to your Dr about this, not because the thoughts themselves are anything to worry about, but because you are clearly very anxious and you need something to calm you down.

Will do, you are very helpful, I'm very grateful for that.

Thanks a lot.

That's what this forum is for, supporting each other through difficult times.

Every time I get a thought I ask myself what if I am this person, even though I know I'm not. Like the worst thought is the attraction one, and the thoughts keep telling me that I am even though I'm not, and it hurts so much, more than anything in the world, my heart starts beating really fast when this particular thought comes into my mind? Is that anxiety?

Every body keeps telling me that this will go away and I'll be able to look at a child again with having such terrible thoughts, but I somehow convince myself that it won't happen. When I look at a child it reminds me of those horrible thoughts and I'm like (NO I WILL NOT DO THAT, THAT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH ME), but then the thought gets stronger and stronger, but it's so hard not to fight when there is a thought like "Your attracted to a child" which is horrific, and it's just a reaction to say "no I'm not, that disgusting", and then it gets worse and the thought tries to convince me that I'm this horrible person.

Is this normal for someone with OCD/intrusive thoughts? This is the most frightening thing I've ever experienced, sometimes I don't even want to sleep in case I have a nightmare about it.

I'm scared..

OK. Look at it this way. I'm attracted to men. I don't need to ask myself whether I am or not. I just know I am. The key here is you asking yourself 'WHAT IF I am this person?' If you were what you fear being you wouldn't be saying 'WHAT IF?' You would just know. The thoughts are distressing to you which is why your heart beats faster. An increase in heart rate is a classic anxiety symptom.

You are only having horrible thoughts around children because you have convinced yourself that you will and you've got yourself into a vicious circle. It's a bit like when someone says 'Don't look behind you' and you know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself!

Yes, this is exactly what happens when you have intrusive/unwanted thoughts which is an type of anxiety disorder. You will get better but do seek medical help.

If you type 'paedophile' into the search box at the top of this page you will see there are lots of people who have the same fears as you. It may help if you read those posts as you are definitely not alone in this.

Mind just keeps playing tricks with the whole attraction thing, it really does distress me, been crying all day, because I know i'm not this person but the thoughts make you think you are.

That's why they are called unwanted/intrusive thoughts... because they are INTRUSIVE!!!

Is it wrong, when I have these thoughts when I hear on the TV the word "paedophile" that my heart starts beating faster? Or is it because I fear that word because I'm disgusted by what they do, and fear every becoming one?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to this OCD/intrusive thoughts.

The racing heart when you hear the word 'paedophile' on TV is normal for someone with unwanted thoughts about paedophiles. Thoughts about paedophiles are your own particular unwanted thoughts (people have different unwanted thoughts) and anything that reminds you of that will trigger anxiety and fear. You have got all the symptoms of unwanted/intrusive thoughts which is an anxiety disorder. Did you read the other posts about it by typing 'paedophile' into the serch box on this website? I think it would help you to see that you are not the only one suffering from this awful condition.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information