Thread: Ovarian Cyst advice?

Ovarian Cyst advice?

I had kidney infection prescribed 1 lot of pills, 2 weeks later still side pain had phone consultation 2nd lot of pills, 2 weeks later phone consultation with a different doctor precribed pills and suggested may be kidney stones in for a scan 2 weeks after. I was doubled over in pain taken to A&E after Entonox and Oramorph. Diagnosed with Ovarian cysts. A Gp calls me 2 days later ( not my own) and said I need to go back for second scan which is booked for Monday 23rd May, He said it was fluid filled and had thin walls but had a beginnings of a dividing wall within. He said 'but it could also be a follicular cyst'. I was just so stupid I asked no questions and just agreed with everthing he said!

I have looked up on the internet and have done a little research and I have come up with its a complex cyst?.my main concern is I have had a hysterectomy so I do not have periods,I still have my ovaries I am not sure if I have gone through the menopause as I have been getting hot flushes etc due to anxiety for years anyway. I am 49. I am just concerned as my age!

1 more day then I will be able to find out but bet its going to be the longest day! any advice please.

Re: Ovarian Cyst advice?

I am also still just 49 yrs old and about 2 years ago had a complex ovarian cyst. I had to have a pelvic mri and bloods which showed that it was purely a fluid filled benign cyst and it resolved itself 6 months later, I knew it had gone as I had had 5 weeks of low pain on affected side just like old ovulation pain.

Do you know if they are wanting a repeat ultrasound or are you going for the mri??? If its just ultrasound then they are sure that its just a ovulation cyst, I had one of these picked up last Dec on routine ultrasound and had to return two months later to make sure and it had gone.

ON the up side they usually have a very good idea from ultrasound if an ovarian cyst looks iffy - a relative of mine had a routine scan and she was given an appt with consultant within 24 hrs as they knew she had serious problems ( she had ovarian and womb cancer).

Please let me know how you get on as I know all about the worry of these xxx ovarian cysts!

Thanks you have put my mind at rest (a little!) I am going for second scan in the morningthe last one was exactly a month ago. I know it is still there I can feel it and I have had a TVT and there is some pressure on the scar on the affected side. Fingers crossed for positive outcome, thanks again x

Great news, I recieved the news today that the cyst has shrunk, it seems on the day they discovered it it measured 4cm, today it is only 3cm, unfortunately it is still there but it is a good sign! The doctor said that is looks totally benign, so I am being referred back to my gp now so its up to him to decide the next step, thanks for letting me rant will keep you all updated x

Hi, I'm going through the same thing except my cyst is growing its now 10cm but is a simple cyst, I had the CA 125 and it is high at 160 I now have to have a CT scan on Wednesday

So scared!

The scan will show for definite if the cyst is a simple cyst or if there is something iffy with it - I had a mri scan for same reason when I had my cyst two years ago and it showed it was def just a fluid filled cyst.

Remember that the CA 125 test can be raised for reasons other than ovarian cancer which is why it is not used as a screening test.

Let us know how you get on.

Just wanted to try to put minds at rest if I can. I have endometriosis and had an 8cm cyst and raised CA125 but it was totally benign. Do you have endometriosis as this causes raised CA125 also?

Thread Information