Thread: Reassurance Needed ! xxx

Reassurance Needed ! xxx

Ok Guys i need a bit of help and rational thoughts here !!
    I have been suffering from this episode of HA for 2 months now and i can't seem to find a way out of it. I have problems with diarrohea. I used to go the minute i woke and then maybe 2-3 more times after. I have been to my doctor, had a barium enema, sigmoidoscopy and been to a consultant who all put it down to anxiety. I am taking mebeverine(colofac) tablets which seemed to have helped a little, but i worry because just when i think they are working i will have an episode of diarrohea (watery) out of the blue. Take yesterday for example i had a nearly normal bowel movement in the morning, but just before i went to bed i had diarrohea again. I just can't help worrying that i have some underlying problem even though my doctor has reassured me. Thing is the anxiety is being caused by the diarrhoea so everytime i get it it spins my anxiety out of control. Please can anybody relate to this ? xxx

Re: Reassurance Needed ! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissPanicky View Post
    Ok Guys i need a bit of help and rational thoughts here !!
    I have been suffering from this episode of HA for 2 months now and i can't seem to find a way out of it. I have problems with diarrohea. I used to go the minute i woke and then maybe 2-3 more times after. I have been to my doctor, had a barium enema, sigmoidoscopy and been to a consultant who all put it down to anxiety. I am taking mebeverine(colofac) tablets which seemed to have helped a little, but i worry because just when i think they are working i will have an episode of diarrohea (watery) out of the blue. Take yesterday for example i had a nearly normal bowel movement in the morning, but just before i went to bed i had diarrohea again. I just can't help worrying that i have some underlying problem even though my doctor has reassured me. Thing is the anxiety is being caused by the diarrhoea so everytime i get it it spins my anxiety out of control. Please can anybody relate to this ? xxx
    i have been suffering with my ibs & anxiety lately and when i have a bowel movement i go into auto panic mode i suffer with constipation but when i do finally go the first bowel movement is hard (sorry) then it goes watery (not totally watery but just a bit and alot ) am like you i worry that it is some major illness and i can't help but worry so so much and my anxiety goes sky high i hate HA and the way am worrying about going the loo i have also had all tests which are fine so why am i worrying ??

It's horrible !!! My whole day seems to be taken up thinking about how my bowels are going to behave today and it's not like you can get away and stop checking as it is something you just can't avoid !!! I hate this HA, I just want to be ME again !!!!xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissPanicky View Post
    It's horrible !!! My whole day seems to be taken up thinking about how my bowels are going to behave today and it's not like you can get away and stop checking as it is something you just can't avoid !!! I hate this HA, I just want to be ME again !!!!xxxxx

am the same i find my mind is always working overtime thinking about my bowels and how will they be once i eat something etc its always in my mind x
    i just wanna be back to myself again x x

Thread Information