Thread: H Pylori anyone got it?

H Pylori anyone got it?

I am having a test for H Pylori on Thursday and am scared I have it. For years I have had problems with acid problems but recently it has gotten worse. Have acid almost everyday, feel sick after eating, every now and again I get stomach pain (not often with the stomach pain), sometimes get pain like a stabbing sharp pain in my shoulder blades and chest which I know is acid.

Have to go the Dr's on Thursday and do a breath test, blow into 2 tubes through a straw. Then take a urea tablet then 10 mins later blow into 2 more tubes.

Am just scrared I am going to have H Pylori and the treatment doesn't sound nice. 2 antibiotics and Omeprazole for about 6 weeks. I can't take Omeprazole. Works great for the acid but makes me feel sick, get lower abdominal pains and anxious. Also I have a phobia of being sick so am scared as read the treatment can make this happen.

Not even been told I have got it and am worrying about treatment already. If I've not got it though I don't know why I have all this acid. My Dr says I am young and a healthy weight so shouldn't be having all these stomach problems. I won't have an endoscopy because of my fear of being sick and I saw one being done on tv a few years back, awful.

Re: H Pylori anyone got it?

Hi there i had a blood test for helicobacter a few weeks ago and it came back positive ,but the blood test only shows that you have antibodies to it not that the bug is live inside the stomach ,so i have insisted on the breath test which shows if the bug is live and currtent.So my doc is arranging this ,im not sure how long it will take to sort out .How long did you wait for yours?The treatment is not 6 weeks it is 1 week it consists of 3 antibiotics and 1 anti acid twice a day so its 8 tabs a day for a week .It sounds a lot but i have promised my doc that if i do the breath test and its positive i will take the tabs.It scares me so much too the thought of taking them as i am terrified of the side effects.My symtoms have been constant burping ,always feeling the need to burp,acid .Do you also feel horrificly full after eating?.I feel as if ive eaten a horse and it takes ages for my food to digest.Hopefully you will be negative and its all anxiety thats what im hoping.I do know how anxious it makes you ,ive been going through hell to.kind regards molly

The treatment is 2 antibiotics for 7 days, a PPI such as Omeprazole or Lansoprazole if you're sensitive to Omeprazole.

After that week you take the PPI for up to 2 months to help repair the stomach lining.

I don't recall feeling sick on the therapy, but I had bad stomach pains, diarrhea and unable to eat. I won't lie it's not nice, hence why I'm worrying I have it again:/

Touch wood you won't have it Cat. Xx

Could it be the antibiotics cause the stomach pains ect...I get that with any antibiotic but take 1 yakult two hours before or after a dose of antibiotics.

In a way, I wish I did have that because at least there is a treatment if you get my meaning

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thank you for the replies

So hoping I don't have it, jst the fear of being sick is there in my mind.

molly36 yes I do feel full after eating, I feel like my food is going to come back up into my throat. I am also really struggling with the acid burning in my throat, not nice at all.

Hi yes the acid is awfull ,i had bad burning all night with bad nausea ,i just feel ive had these symptoms for a while now over 8 weeks and they not getting any better thats y i end up thinking its something worse.I suppose at least if it is helicobacter it can be cured and then we get better.Although i too am terrified of the side effects.kind regards molly

I have had the acid now for a couple of years. The omeprazole took it away but after a while on it started to get awful side effects so had to stop it and wham the acid was back.

Worried why I have this acid, I am 31, normal weight etc so something has to be going on. I was thinking an hiatus hernia but not sure

Hi i have started back on the omaprazole ,what was the side effects you had.I have also been thinking a hernia .I too am normal weight and only 36 so i just dont understand whats going on.Ive just eaten my lunch and feel like ive eaten a horse.just cant digest it.Over the last few months ive lost weight cos ive not been eating as much cos of the full feeling.My doc just says if it not helicobacter then it anxiety.Just wish i could beleive him.kind regards molly

The side effects I had from the omeprazole after being on them a while was feeling really sick, made my anxiety worse and had terrible lower abdominal pains. I wish I didn't have these side effects because the omeprazole worked wonders for stopping the acid (didn't help with the nausea though)

Thread Information