Thread: Pain and palpitations

Pain and palpitations

My palpitations have reached new heights. I am now 22 weeks pregnant and they have gotten very frequent for about 4 weeks now. Occassionally they come with a squeezing 'pain', sometimes with a sharp 'pain', sometimes just a tickle, sometimes a couple in a row. But the most alarming is yesterday I got 'pain' up my neck and in my jaw as well as an empty feeling with one. It scared the life out of me and now I'm living in fear again.

Can anyone relate to any if this, especially the pains?

I posted on rlr but I know he us away at the moment.

Re: Pain and palpitations

Forgot to add I saw my gp last week because of the frequency who said everything sounded ok and did a quick ECG which was fine but of course they weren't happening then.

I dont have the pain...but I know of plenty that do. If you think these appear to be caused by the nervous system...and the vagus nerve...it makes sense that as the doctor on the palps site says...its not just the vagus nerve but the whole of the nervous system. From your description I would say not only is your vagus nerve being innervated, but perhaps other nerves whereby you get sudden pains. A bit like twitches, which are the same apart from they dont affect the heart or give pain.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sure they're not stress related as I'm not anxious or stressed at the moment. They're certainly worse after eating.

But now I've had a squeezing feeling in my heart when I have one which leaves a residual feeling for s couple of seconds.

I'm going out of mh mind. If course dr isn't worried as every find she listens nothing untoward is happening :(

I am sure they can give you something for the pain. Sorry they are so painful. Not sure what the squeezing feeling is - perhaps when you get an extra beat it causes a contraction?

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hi, hope you are feeling better. I am 28 weeks pregnant and my palpatations,missed beats etc have been much worse recently. I too went to see my gp who did an ecg and he said that it was fine. Aparently palpatations are more common during pregnancy due to the extra blood flow. Still bloody scary though! Im blaming the hormones! xxx

Thread Information