Thread: They're back!!

They're back!!

Hi everyone

Thought i'd do a post, havn't posted in a little while. Well the dreaded palps/missed/extra/hard thumps are back with a vengeance . I've suffered with them for many many years and I seem to go through periods whereby i just have them constantly. I usually end up getting all the tests, holter monitor etc just be to be told they're harmless. Then i can never decided if i just stop getting them or that fact that i stop worrying about them makes them go away or much less than they were. Thing is, i know all this but they started again about a week ago. Now i find myself waiting for the next one which i think might make them come anyways but i can feel myself starting to worry and get really frightened of them. I am just so fed up of going around in circles, it just gets too hard. I don't want to have to go through all the tests again etc but there is always that worry that what if its different this time, what if something is truly wrong. I am peri-menopausal at the minute so read somewhere that that can make them worse . I just wish i didn't feel every single heartbeat i get. Does anyone else feel every single beat they get?

Sorry for the huge post , i'm just feeling really alone at the minute.

Thanks everyone
    Take Care
    Tracy

Re: They're back!!

Hey Tracy.
    Don't feel alone, you're never alone and especially not with this upsetting symptom. I too go through bouts, thinking that when i have moments where there are none at all that i'm over it and then BANG! Out of nowhere they start again! You are hyper aware of your heart that's all. Everyone would feel every beat if they focussed on it enough. When i have episodes of the missed beats (which goes on for months) i can get 3 in a row where it goes skip beat skip beat skip beat. I'd literally have thousands a day. My 24 hour monitor results stated that i had 'frequent' PVC's with a number of doubles in there two. Sounded scary but the doctor told me it's fine! Unfortunately it's the kind of symptom (not unlike any other we also get), that does happen more when we have it on the mind. I find that laying on the floor and stretching out my limbs and raising my legs etc really helps, or listening to some meditation music on my iphone. Do you have an ipod? There's a great app for meditation called Meditation Oasis. I use the ones called Discovering peace and Relief from stress.......
    Hang in there Trac, they won't do you any harm, your heart will continue to beat no matter what naughty upset gets in the way. The skips are happening from outside your heart, your heart is healthy.

Kel x

Hi Kel

thanks so much for your reply, what an angel. Your reply came exactly at the right time, thankyou so much . I will definately look into getting an ipod and doing as you suggest.

Thanks so much hun

luv
    Tracy

Anytime Tracy. I know the feeling of being alone with this blasted curse to deal with all too well! We need to use what we go through to help each other.
    I noticed you're from OZ......where abouts are you?? I'm in adelaide...

Sleep well
    Kel x

hi trace,
    your reactions are just the same as mine. they turn up when i dont think im stressed, but i am inside without knowing it and i feel them and my body builds from that and it takes something to take my mind off them to reset my thinking, which takes the stress away and they disappear till the next time. they are clearly part of my system but its the panic that sets in which makes it so utterly horrible.

alan.

Tracy, I do find it worse when they return badly after a period of them not being so bad. Its so disappointing. Iv tried so many things!!!!

I am just reading the magnesium miracle and realize if it is going to help it will take time to right things. I am going to try the ionic kind

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hi Guys
    Well after i posted this thread, I had a horrible night last night. I was dreaming and in my dream (can't remember what it was about) i felt my heart going all wonky then racing like mad, it woke me up and I found thats exactly what my heart was doing . It like went out of rhythem then started beating so fast. I panicked. Sat up in bed, then it was doing its usual missed/thump beats. I was petrified. I got up and went the loo then got back into bed. It was beating ok then but i was so scared. Anyone else get this?

thanks guys

Luv
    Tracy

I do get it...and if I am up and around, I feel very faint and have to get to a seat or the floor right away

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hi guys

thanks for all your replies. I've been sick with the flu so not been on for a while. Hey Kelley, sorry forgot to say i'm in Adelaide also LOL (small world). Well the dreaded ectopics went for a little while but i've had them badly again today. I've been eating alot of cheese and i'm wondering if perhaps that doesn't help!. Sure i read somewhere that it might be a trigger but I may have dreamt that . It really does feel like we go around in circles with these dreaded things.
    Everyone have a good weekend.
    Luv Tracy

Problem is, there are so many triggers its hard to know. I think the main trigger for me is stress and anx

And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information