Thread: Mucus discharge

Mucus discharge

Hi everybody,

Am having a pretty anxious time at the moment which is not doing my IBS any good. I have a symptom that especially freaks me out and that is passing mucus on its own sometimes when I pass wind.
    This tends to start when I am having a bad day and continues sometimes for over 24 hours which makes it so embarassing to go to work etc. It's like being incontinent! Please does anyone else suffer with this. I worry all the time that it's a sign of something worse.

Please reply,

Jane xx

Re: Mucus discharge

Hi Jane,

I have this too. I also have IBS and I get both the mucus on it's own and also when I pass stool. I find that when my IBS flares - bloated stomach, left side abdo pains - along comes the mucus.

I haven't seen anyone about it as I put it down to the IBS as I know that mucus is common with IBS.

I hope this reassures you that you aren't alone.xxxx

Hi Debs,
    Thanks so much for the reply. Am having a bad day today and this has cheered me up no end.

Have you any idea what causes this and when you have it, does it take a while to clear up?

Jxx

Hi there,

It's a week since I started this post and am having another day of mucus discharge that is really upsetting me. I just don't understand what is causing it to happen.
    Has anyone else got a problem with mucus discharge (on itsown) and if so what tends to set it off?

Would really appreciate some replies cos am running backwards and forwards to the loo every time that i feel like passing wind and its driving me nuts. It makes
    me so sore from wiping too.

I think that I am a little constipated right now - do you think that may have something to do with it? Help please?

Big hug,

Jane xx

Hi Jane,

Sorry for not answering sooner. I really don't know what causes it, I only know that it is common with IBS. I think I have become kind of used to it so I don't dwell a lot on it. I find that it increases when I am having bad bouts with the IBS. I get very bloated and have griping pains and the mucus starts up . (Gross subject I know)

I wonder if constipation is something to do with it, and this is the bowels way of trying to empty, so the only thing we pass is mucus and very little stool if any?

That is the only theory I have.

Please try not to focus too much on it. I have had it on and off for years, and so far, no problems with that.

xxxxxx

Jane, I found this web page which is quite informative :

www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=26&m=791838

xxx

Thread Information