Thread: hello

hello

my name is robot. I suffer from Acute Anxiety and depression. I am taking Venlafaxine 150mg and Propanpol 80mg. I am still really suffering after 7 weeks on the meds. I have incredibly intrusive thoughts about mistakes ive made and thoughts of self harm that occur every 5 minutes. I have been in hospital and i am also being seen by a crisis team, but to no avail. I have tried many techniques like breathing, exercise, reading, cbt, to reflect and refocus but my mind is set on self destruction. I just need a hand to reach out to someone, someone to tell me its going to be ok. I have friends and family but they are exhausted by my problem, and i have run out of hands to hold.
    thank you for reading

x

Re: hello

Hi Robot,

Hang on in there, it can and will get better , maybe not huge amounts at first but gradually, keep doing all the things you have been to help yourself and they will have an impact.

There are lots of people in the same situation on here and many of them like myself will tell you from experience that things can change.

Take care and use the chat room it really helps xx

thank you spy for your reply. As i am a new member i cannot go on the chat room. I see that there are a lot of people suffering and i feel very for thse who have to suffer like you and I. I cant get over the point that i have to accept this, its a plague of sheer misery, that i cannot shake off. one hopes that i could wake up and that i would be ok again. But i have woken up each day in a panic, and its excrutiating. I wish i had the strength even to not write these things but i dont. the days seem so long.

I really do understand Robot, all i can say is that at some point you will wake up and feel just a little bit stronger and more able to push forward with your recovery and as you get better the number of those days will increase - i would suggest that you chat to the GP about maybe increasign the dose of your meds though they can take a while to kick in - you're not alone xx

thanks, i just dont know how to live with this, its torture.

Thread Information