Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first timer

first timer

hi everyone heres abit of my storyi.ve had panic attacks anxiety on and off for 20 years i'm now married happpily with 2 small children and at my wits end on no all the answers but cannot practise them. i've been to the doctors several times i had a massive panic attack in january and since then ihave got worse i'm agrophobic i have job to take my children to school and nursery i drink to calm down but i can't go on like this the doctor prescibed anti depressants but i won't take them i used to be such a strong person why as this happened to me now. i feel so week and esuless although i'm fine in the houde now i wasn't at one time i begged my husband not to goto work a few times but that has passed and i don't cry anymore i just want to go out to the park do the weekly shopping on my own like i used to sorry to sund off but i'm so fed up

kezza

Hi Kezza

Welcome from a fellow agoraphobic. There are a few of us on here & im sure they will come & say hello very soon.

You will find lots of help & support on here & some very good advice too.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Hi Kezza, why won't you take the anti-depressants? I'm sure they'd make you feel better. I must admit I do drink to try & solve things, but I just end up feeling worse. I'm a single parent with 3 kids, I'm now on Prozac (only for a month so far) and take Diazepam for the panic attacks. Haven't suffered from agoraphobia luckily but I understand where you're coming from.

You will meet loads of people in the same situation as yourself & get lots of good advice.

Take care & welcome to NMP.

Les

i won't take them because the only thing that helps for a quick fix is a drink i i can't drink with tablets that frightens me. i only feel worse with the drink if i have to much and that is not very often i know my limitations. i feel really 100 times worse if i have to many thanks for repling

Hi Kezza

I control my anxiety/ panic attacks in the same way. Im on no medication and rely on drink to calm me down and give me that sense of normality. If you want to work thro this together and have a chat PM me. Take Care

Sarah xx

kezza your not souning off at all, we like to get to know a bit of what you go through in your posts

youll love it here, if only because it will make you feel less alone with this s**t

jackie

Hi Kezza

Welcome aboard. Have a good read of the website and you will find some great advice on there - www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Hope you get some support here.

Nicola

Hi Kezza,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Welcome aboard, Kezza

The real way of getting better is challenging yourself in small steps. It is possible to beat agoraphobia by enrolling on a CBT course - charities like No Panic do them over the phone.

It's all about facing the fear and realising you can do it.

Take Care,

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Kezza

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps

Symptoms

Starting on recovery/Agoraphobia Agorophobia
    im back now!
    Agoraphobic - how did that happen?

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information