Thread: OCD when driving??

OCD when driving??

Does anyone ever have worrys when there driving, for example did you hit that car/cyclist when you came round the corner?? Have you hit another car when parking and not noticed it??? Have you got caught speeding???

Im always thinking this and always wondered wether it was just me or not??

Re: OCD when driving??

Hey, yes I can totally relate to all of this! Iv had to drive back and check many times to make sure I havnt run someone over! If i go over a bump I worry that Iv hit someone and have to always check behind me. I also worry that Iv gone through red lights. Iv even checked online for all the speed cameras/Red light cameras in my area where Im so paranoid! lol

hi
    i actually got so worried about being caught by a speed camera recently in an area i dont know well - i went on google street view to check the speed limit!

i don't worry about speeding - naughty me, but i have a very irrational fear about driving into other cars or walls etc on purpose, even though I know I won't because I don't want to, and it'd be stupid. And may I say, also never have, and never will... it's a bit like the one on the tube where you feel like compelled to go near the edge and then worry you're going to jump in front of the train. oh dear - i'm feeling like poo this afternoon obviously! soz...

xxxx

I've always imagined that I would never be able to drive with all the stuff that goes through my mind as I'd never be able to concentrate. I've never even taken a driving lesson in my life and, for the last ten years, have worried even more because of hearing about road rage incidents, speed cameras, so many vehicles on the roads etc. If I didn't have issues about using public transport, I might get out a bit more than I do!

Thread Information