Thread: Having Issues!

Having Issues!

Well i'm a newbie on here and thought i'd post about my health anxiety issues that I seem to be having!

They have all stemmed from developing an overactive thyroid in August 2010 which has since been cured by having a thyroid lobectomy in February this year. During that time I was very anxious and every twinge, ache or pain I had in my body HAD to be something serious!

Bearing in mind that I am only 21 (22 next week) this is becoming a nightmare! I am fit and healthy and go the gym everyday and I am also a long distance runner.
    I find myself sat at work (infront of a pc at a desk) then all of a sudden I will be listening to my hertbeat, will get in a panic, get all flustered and feel like my heart is stopping/dropping out of my chest. Apparently I go really white and I feel like I either have to get out of the room really fast or feel like I could keel over/pass out or something!

I am always fine afterwards and haven't died yet but I was wondering if anyone else gets this? I feel like I may be losing the plot

Re: Having Issues!

I used to get that all the time when I first had anxiety. I was super aware of my heartbeat and I'd get the feeling like you have when you are on a roller coaster or are dreaming that you are falling and freak out. Because you are so fit you are extra in tune with your body and used to checking your heartbeat, but if there was a real problem you wouldn't be able to do your long runs, right?

One thing that has really helped me is breathing. Breath in for a count of four, hold for a count of four, breath out for a count of four. Scientifically proven to help us relax a little! Hang in there.

I have had a overactive thyroid which is now underactive.. Anziety and panic attacks are my worst symptom.

Xxx

Thanks both, i'm still here and battling on with these humiliating attacks. Good luck

Thread Information