Thread: Please help! Blood on tissue from nose.. I'm in work!! Can't escape

Please help! Blood on tissue from nose.. I'm in work!! Can't escape

Hi,
    I'm in work absolutely terrified.. I blew my nose lastnight and abit of blood was on the tissue.. No blood was running out my nose, it was just when I put tissue up my nostril to check that it had spots of blood on... I didn't sleep with worry. I'm now in work, just about to teach my baby massage class to 10 parents an I'm terrified. No blood is coming out my nose but still, when I put the end of a tissue up anti of blood is on it?! I'm scared incase I start with an awful full on nose bleed, I'm 40 minute drive away from home, il be infront of 10 parents an il be so scared! Iv got a fear if fainting an I just don't kno wot to do!
    Does it sound like il start with a full on nose bleed? Has anyone else had this?
    I'm in work till 5pm, please help x

Re: Please help! Blood on tissue from nose.. I'm in work!! Can't escape

This freaked my boyfriend out as well. It is totally normal and doesn't mean a huge nosebleed is coming. It happens to me a lot. It's really just from all the tiny blood vessels up there but it certainly doesn't mean you will have a nosebleed, and if you did, you probably wouldn't faint (that would take a LOT) of blood. Rest assured blood on a tissue happens to us all from time to time x

I constantly have slight blood from left nostril whenever I blow my nose or tmi I I know but pick it because I have a slightly leaky blood vessel in that side of my nostril. I have had this for past 30 years. I have never ever had a nose bleed.

I know a couple of people who get nose bleeds and there is no warming at all they just suddenly drip blood. My elderly mother in law gets them occasionally and the advice we got was that if the blood is pouring out of her nose unabated for 30 minutes then get to hospital due to the amount of blood lost. They did mean pouring out and soaking towels type of blood loss.

She was told if she did get a bad nose bleed to lean forward and pinch the bridge of her nose very hard or apply ice pack to that area as well. Do not tip your head back as the blood will run into your stomach and make you vomit as well, let it come out of your nose.

So first aid lesson over but sounds like you just have like me a bit of a leaky blood vessel.If the blood is mixed with loads of green snotthen it could be part of a sinus infection but this will not cause a nosebleed.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your replies - i really appreciate it as i was freaking out alot!! lol
    I got through the baby massage class and i told myself to stop checking my nose and sticking tissue up my nostrils to check if the blood is still there because that would probably make it worse anyway!
    Throughout the day, i became less aware of it and managed to get my mind off it completly.... and surprise surprise, no nose bleed today... im still alive, and nothing happened! lol
    I sound so stupid now but i hate knowing somethings wrong with my health and freaked out abit seeing the bright red blood.

Thanks again! x

you are lucky. i suffer from dust allergies and sinus trouble. im forever blowing blood out of my nose... yet ive never had a nosebleed.

It's still happening.. Not stopped yet. Don't know what it could be but trying not to think about it. I had alot of sinus pain a couple of weeks ago so might be related to that.
    I'm just trying to forget about it an hope it stops lol x

I have always had times when I get little bits of blood from my nose. Often it is dry blood too. It often happens when the air is dry.

It is absolutely nothing to worry about.
    I also used to get random nose bleeds when I was a teenager, and as above, it just starts pouring out, so definitely two completely different things.

Hope this helps. Now stop sticking things up your nose before you break another vessel!!! LOL

Take care and God bless.

its usually just a broken blood vessel. it indicates nothing that you should worry about i assure you x

I know this an old thread but if the op comes back to read this, it is common to see some blood if you stick anything that far up your nose as those vessels are very delicate, get some Vaseline or Aquaphor (sp) and dab a tiny bit in your nose two to three times a day, have a humidifier going at night or part of the day in the winter as dry air can cause a nose bleed like that, if the humidity is low then the weather is dry, drink plenty of water, don't smoke if you do , or drink lots of caffeine, also taking aspirin, or a NASAID, can cause nose bleeds, if blood is not trickling our of your nose like water from a tap, I wouldn't be too worried, now stop sticking things up your nose..holding your nose when you sneeze or blow your nose hard, those are actually bad to do.

Thread Information