Thread: mirena coil removal

mirena coil removal

hi can anyone help im panicing a bit, i had my mirena coil removed today and was meant to have another reinserted but the gp was unable to do this as my cervix was to fibrous, i have to have it done in gyny clinic now, i suffer from severe health anxieties so im convincing myself something serious is wrong even though gp said its nothing to worry aboit , has this happened to anyone else

Re: mirena coil removal

My doc is thinking about giving me the coil and said that they could not do it in the doctor's surgery as I have fibroids so I would have to have it done at the hospital.

I think it is very common to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ah thanks nicola makes it easier knowing its common , and thanks for commenting was getting real anxious

No problem.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi,

Do you mind me asking how you find the mirena coil and also why you had to get it removed and another one in? You can PM if you want?

Cheers.

Haz.x

hi haz sorry for late reply i had it removed as it lasts only 5 years and i had had it 6 ok

Oh I see. Thanks very much. I assume it was a suitable form of contraception for you then. My GP recommended it to me but my sister had one and was in extreme pain for a few days after having it fitted and bled constantly before having it removed a month later.

Haz. x

Thread Information