Thread: any suggestions here? poss trigger......

any suggestions here? poss trigger......

Hey, it has just clicked tonight that for all that i feel i may have a personality disorder, please let me explain... whenever i hear of people "cracking up" or see it in any form, i seem to study how they react, or what they do to alert others what has happened to them, an example is that tonight my girlfriend an i were talking about things, an she said that her mum, just refused to take any pills, and i seem to copy it now, almost a copycat illness maybe? i hate it, i hate everything, so many times i ask myself why, yet i don't want to leave this state of mind, i am a prisoner in my own head, the doctors have me on metazapine, i hate it though, i missed 2 doctors appointments already, and i dont wanna go back, all i want now is immediate attention, but i am scared and confused in how to get it
    really not sure now, i hope things are better by the morning....

Rian951

Rian,

I sorta get what you're saying. When my husband and I lived in a different state I had this friend that was a "mess" addicted to painkillers, wouldn't drive at all, couldn't be alone..all kinds of things. Well.....
    I have anxiety, phobia, depression (at times). I've often wondered if being around her for so long has something to do with this. I knew she was not a positive influence in my life and regret not putting a stop to it sooner. I am not blaming her for any of this....just maybe she was a small part of it. Does this make sense?

Tina

Hi Rian

I don't think this is a personality disorder but more to do with the power of suggestion. We can all be influenced by what we read or what other people say.

These posts might help:

Power of suggestion
    Avoidance or sensible?
    media
    illogical fear driving me mad!
    Its happening again !
    Its happening again !

As for avoiding seeing your doctor, why is that do you think? Are you taking the medication? Are you receiving any help from a therapist? Perhaps you could consider making an appointment to discuss your worries with your doctor and discuss the medication too. There could be other alternatives.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi
    i don't know why i seem to be avoiding the doctor, i think it could be because she told me that there is a long waiting list for the pshyco-therapist, maybe i want something done asap???
    I take the medication occasionally, but i dont like it, it does help me avoid situations like this, but then i feel i am storing all this stress up inside me. it makes me too drowsy aswell, so i wake up in the morning, and still feel really sleepy, i recover at around 4pm ish..

Rian951

Hi Rian

What medication are you avoiding taking? Perhaps taking it at a different time of day, ie earlier in the evening might help with the drowsiness. It would be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor.

Also, the sooner you see your doctor and get your name on the waiting list for psychotherapy, the sooner you will get an appointment. Worth a go don't you think?

Karen

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hey, the medication is called "mitazapine", i was prescribed it because i couldn't sleep, but now its not an issue, i just hate being like this, and personally, i can't see how medication can help me either long term or short term, the problem is, i am like this at night, but then i lay awake at night wanting to stay this way, because i cannot imagine the situation any other way. I have dealt with it for about 5 years now, and its part of my everyday life. I feel like i want to spend time in a hospital, because thats what i believe i need, i am just concerned that i may go to any length to achieve my goal...

It sounds stupid to think this, but its how i feel, is there something wrong with that? I'm not sure what to think, but i feel that tonight could be a rough night. I have been for walks before, trying to get attention, so that i can be treated, for my problems asap, and i feel the same again....i hate it but i know no other, its a very very vicious circle!!!

Rian951

Hi Rian

It is not 'stupid' to want to receive help for your problems and if things are really that bad you could go to your local Accident & Emergency Department and ask to see a member of the mental health crisis team.

I am not sure this will lead to the hospital admission you believe you need but it could be a way of accessing some urgent help and support.

Karen

Thread Information