Thread: Headaches

Headaches

Hi all,

Got myself into abit of a panic, have been going to the gym and find 9/10 times i come home with a headache and it is starting to worry me, also i read in the sunday magazine about this 14year old girl who has only got a couple of months to live because she has a brain tumor, she was a normal 14yr old suffered abit of severe depression when her mum and dad spereated and she and her 1st love split up. the only reason she found out she has a brain tumor is because she was expreiencing terrible headaches. now im driving myself crazy i have attempted to ring to docs a couple of times and ask for a brian scan, but dont think he will give me one. i have a headache now and cant get it out if my head.

Jo x

Hi Jo

I don't have the medical facts but there are many many non serious causes of headaches, and other symptoms which occur with brain tumours.

Some of the information in these posts could help:

Headaches
    Headaches
    headaches
    tender spots on head
    Tension headaches!
    ongoing headaches
    Big HELLO and warm wishes to everyone
    New User - Pressure in head

When you go to the gym and exercise do you ensure you keep yourself adequately hydrated? Dehydration can be one cause of headaches, along with many other causes.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Sounds to me like you could be dehydrated maybe. Are you drinking plenty of water at the gym?

Nicola

Hi Nicola & karen

Thanks for your replys.

I take a bottle of water with me everytime and even drink it if i dont need it, since my phobia of vomiting started i carry a drink with me everywhere aswell.

Thanks again

Jo

Headaches can be caused by so many different things you wouldn't believe. I suffered with them for a while until I visited an acupuncturist, she found out it was bad posture and the pain was caused by a small part of my spine being out of line which pushed up into the back of my neck and head. If it makes you feel better see your GP though and they can do some checks, highly unlikely to be a tumour as they cause many other symptoms.

a very small percentage of brain tumours present with headaches alone. Children can get different types of brain tumours to adults and im pretty sure that you dont have one just a huge case of anxiety like the rest of us folks you must try and find ways to relax your upper body to try and relieve the tension there. Read some of nics posts and you will be reassured.

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Thread Information