Thread: Blood streak discharge Ladies help!

Blood streak discharge Ladies help!

Hi all, im seriously panic ing & would really like some advice. I have already googled :( & of course it said cervical cancer.

Basically my daughter is 9 months old, i stopped breast feeding a month ago & had my first period last week (ended on Tuesday this week)

for a few days before i had some spotting & doctor said to expect myperiod so i stopped worrying but today i have had blood streaked discharge everytime i go to the loo. Its only a very small amount but its there & bright red :(

Im worrying its cancer xx

Re: Blood streak discharge Ladies help!

Hi, I am just wondering why it would take so long after having your daughter to have your periods again? It could just be your period was not quite finished or could you possibly be pregnant again now? Maybe its nothing at all, but if you are worried and it continues, I would speak to a doctor or to NHS direct.

Thanks, Breast feeding stops your period, def not pregnant Thanks for the advice xx

Hi Tash,

Please don't worry; it takes a while for hormones to settle down after having a baby. I know how difficult it is not to panic when something unexpected happens, but i am absolutely certain this all connected to the adjustment your hormones are going through, especially since you have only just had your first period after breast feeding. x

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    Thanks, Breast feeding stops your period, def not pregnant Thanks for the advice xx
    Ok I understand.

Hi,

I agree with Rosie. I think your body is probably just topsy turvy after the birth of your baby. Our hormones do all kind of weird stuff without much provocation when there are changes of any kind.

I had ovarian cysts last year, and my periods were all over the place. I had spotting between periods, late periods/no periods at all and it worried me greatly, but as soon as the cysts were resolved and my body got back in sync, all was well again.

I know you said the blood is bright red, but I am wondering if - because your period hasn't long finished - you had not completely finished it, and this is extra blood coming out. I was told by the sonographer who discovered by cysts that this can happen sometimes. That the body doesn't release all the blood in one time.

Whatever the case, if things continue, see your GP again.xxx

Thread Information